Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Z-Layer Position of Map Elements Don't Stick

Gid
Roll20 Team
I've seen this mentioned in passing in other threads, but I haven't been able to find a specific bug report regarding this issue in particular that I'm coming across with complex layering of graphic elements. I've got an example of what's happening on my attachment. I created a graphical widget for keeping track of time and days my PCs will spend on a cross-country trek (time sensitive module). Everything is left ungrouped because I still need the clock hand and the night/day panel to be manually rotated and the text field accessible. The layering of elements should be as follows: *Front* Clock Hand png Day Tally Text Field Clock Dashboard png Day/Night Panel png The Overmap png *Back* In the attached file, the first image is what the widget is suppose to look like, and the second and third image display the z-layering snafu that happened when I switch pages. When the page is reloaded, the elements' z-layering gets rearranged. The map sometimes gets filed to the front. The text field sometimes gets shuffled to the very back. The day and night panel often pops above the dash. Etc. The reshuffle also happens if I grab all the elements of the widget and move it without holding down alt - the snapping almost always makes the day/night panel pop to the front for instance. Oddly enough this happens even when I have the grid deactivated on the page. The only way I can retain the z-layering is by moving while holding down the alt key. Windows 7 Chrome 19.0.1084.52 Screen Resolution: 1366 x 768 Browser Size: 1366 x 610
Thanks Kristin. I'll make a note of this.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Thanks, Ken!
This should be fixed in the update that went out today. Let us know if you're still having issues. Thanks!
The z-layering problem is most definitely still there. I have a strategic space campaign game running and the counters have text over the top of them (both on the token layer). When I leave and re-enter the game, half the time the text has moved underneath the counter. This is then a massively tedious exercise to find all the text and bring it back to the front. Makes no difference whether the counter and text are grouped or not. Here's a screen shot of a typical example. The map as it was when I left the game on the left, and then as it appeared when I went straight back in again.