Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Incorrect Links throughout Compendium

Edited 1637603607
Ross
Pro
This has been a frustration of mine for a while. I often notice incorrect links throughout the compendium. I'm going to imagine that much of this is done automatically, and a human isn't verifying.  Here's an example, I just got the new Vault of Magic 3rd party supplement for D&D 5e.  I go to the Tables and most of the links don't go to the item in question, instead they go to another page, or have no link at all. I'll just copy and paste an example from the page. As you can see, the link should go to the page for the item (The Almanac of Common Wisdom), but instead they go to the page for "Common" (the Language) and "Wisdom" (the ability). The whole list is like that, as shown in the photo below, you can clearly see that some words link to the wrong page and some entries don't even have a link!  Furthermore, on this page you can see that the items have a superscript letter which denotes something - but there is no key on the page! These sort of problems occur all over the compendium resources, not just this one book. This is really something that needs to be checked by an editor before getting published and it is frustrating that the books I purchased don't work correctly.  Example: Almanac of  Common   Wisdom W
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You are running into the Auto Linker, an insidious artificial "intelligence" that is trying to be helpful, with about as much positive impact as Clippy. It finds keywords and links them to where it thinks they should go. The devs have expressed their exasperation with it on more than one occasion, but it seems like it is extremely difficult to purge from the system, once it has made its edits. You can usually tell what an Auto Linker word is, because it converts the word to Title Case for no grammatical reason. As for the codes, I can't see where the text calls them out either, but they appear to refer to the magic item type: R ods, staves and wands P otions (Potions can also be "C" —Consumables?) A rmor W ondrous Items etc.