Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Hide Multi Sided token random roll

Edited 1637805287
Hey, is there any way to roll a random side on a multi sided token without it showing openly in the chat? I didn't find a good answer so far. With API Scripts this is probably easily doable but I really don't know anything about the API so if theres a way without it that would be super amazing Ty

Edited 1637809020
Hey Faye you can use /talktomyself in the chat window to prevent rolls from showing up in the chat window, you can then roll the rollable token and then type /talktomyself again to disable the silencing. you could create a macro that is simply turns this on/off if this is something you do often. Its a little clunky, but it works in a pinch. as an example
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Place the rollable token on the GM layer or in an area obscured by Fog of War.. Right click on it, and choose Multi-Sided > Random Side. Only you will be able to see the result.
Thank you Matthew, this does solve my problem <3 Its a bit annoying that you can't combine /talktomyself with other commands in macros but oh well keithcurtis thats definitely something I'll keep in mind but I'm not the DM in this campaign so i can't do that. I just play a special changeling character that changes her appearence randomly. The Fog of War workaround doesn't seem to work tho or maybe I'm just being stupid lol
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If you could describe exactly what you are trying to accomplish, we might be able to suggest more directed solutions. Are you trying to change your token face? Is it something you want to have display in chat at some later point? Are you rolling using the table command or changing the face of a token on the table? Does the game creator have a pro level account?
Yes, my goal is to change the face of my token randomly but subtle so not everyone notices the change the moment it happens. That's not possible when my token roll gets displayed in chat No, I don't want anything to show up in chat at any point. So far I'm changing the face of the token via right clicking on the token (Multi-Sided >> Random Side). The token is a rollable table linked to my character sheet. No, the game creator doesn't have pro. Essentially all I want to do is to get rid of this chat message (Screenshot taken from my sandbox game): talktomyself solves that issue but its a bit annoying to use in macros. If there is another way I'd be greatful to hear it <3 if not I'll just use talktomyself
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Without the API, I don't think you can achieve a silent random roll without resorting to that step. You can put the talktomyself command into a token action button, so the button is available every time you select the token. Fortunately, the command is a toggle, so you only need one button.