Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

It would be great to have map folders!

Personally I use many maps, especially for cities, and every time finding the right one is quite difficult despite keeping them in order, maybe being able to divide them more effectively into folders with custom names would be fantastic, such as: - Region - Dungeon - Landscape - Etc... What did you Think ?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
According to the most recent Roll20 Roundup, something like that is on the way, although they referred to them as "collections" rather than folders. I'm not sure what the difference might be, other than possibly tagging to filter the visible maps? Which would be even better.
Since you have a Pro subscriptions I would suggest simply making a ‘maps’ game and using the Transmogrifier to port them into your active games when needed. Then you could just use a naming system (Forest-Winter-Bridge-Daytime; Dungeon-Goblins-Dark; etc.).  That has the added benefit of not taking up space in your active games. Whenever a player joins a game, all assets  are loaded into active memory, including maps, tokens, archived items, etc. so this could help with loading times if that’s ever an issue for you or your players. 
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Jarren said: Since you have a Pro subscriptions I would suggest simply making a ‘maps’ game and using the Transmogrifier to port them into your active games when needed. Then you could just use a naming system (Forest-Winter-Bridge-Daytime; Dungeon-Goblins-Dark; etc.).  That has the added benefit of not taking up space in your active games. Whenever a player joins a game, all assets  are loaded into active memory, including maps, tokens, archived items, etc. so this could help with loading times if that’s ever an issue for you or your players.  It also allows to keep a base map that remains unchanged so that there is a reusability aspect incase the map is needed for another game.