Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Dynamic Lighting - Different types of walls

Edited 1638072420
PSaad
Plus
Hi! would it be possible to implement different types of walls like other VTTs? specially the Terrain Walls. Normal Walls The default wall type restricts vision and movement. Terrain Walls These walls prevent token movement, but allow limited vision; a token with vision can see past one terrain wall segment, but not two. These walls are ideal for roofed buildings or terrain features that that can be seen, but obscure objects behind them. Invisible Walls These walls block token movement, but not vision. Walls of this type are ideal for windows, or any transparent, but solid obstacle. Ethereal Walls These walls function opposite to Invisible walls; they block vision, but tokens can move freely through them. These walls may be useful for dark veils, curtains, or fake walls..
This is a nice idea. I need it too. Now, if i have a railing on map, I cannot prevent players from going through it and at the same time allow them to see through. And this is very frustrating.
With a Pro account, you can make see through walls with Door Knocker API.
I just started playing with dynamic lighting about 2-3 months ago and am very disappointed that this was not already an option. Definitely need this!
Dr DM said: With a Pro account, you can make see through walls with Door Knocker API. Care to share a link or some instructions? Thank you in advance!
Dr DM said: With a Pro account, you can make see through walls with Door Knocker API. Only if you are using UDL, though.

Edited 1638681115
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Exequiel said: Dr DM said: With a Pro account, you can make see through walls with Door Knocker API. Care to share a link or some instructions? Thank you in advance! You can find details in the last forum thread for the script: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9919591/door-knocker-v1-dot-211-windows/?pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9919591/door-knocker-v1-dot-211-windows/?pagenum=1</a> The script is available from the one click. Edit: also the excellent Nick Olivo made a tutorial video that covers the basic features of the script.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .