Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Tech Issues: Video/Audio not operating

I have been running for the past few weeks, minus the week of July 21-25. I have had no issues with my video or audio between my group, however I have logged in the past two days and when I have people come into the campaign after I launch and all the icons, including mine, show the the loading "spin" but it just loads and never make connection. Plus none of my players can chat. I am at a loss please help Notes: I have checked settings and set to send and receive video/audio on both ends. I have checked the chrome settings and the video and audio is "allowed" on both end. I cleared cache, etc. per forum notes. I launched in Google hangouts and everything seemed to operate correctly, only on (chrome) the Roll20 server did did it not work
1406770339
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Any extensions? Can you post your console log? Solving Technical Issues: wiki page You said you followed the forum notes so I was just checking.
As Pat asked, have you followed all the steps on that wiki page? Also, you said it didn't work on chrome. Have you tried firefox as well? You also said that none of your players can chat. Does that mean they are having the exact same issue where it doesn't connect?
Pat and Sarah; I have one extension present, yet it was not enabled so I had nothing to go off in that regard. I do not have firefox, though I am most likely going to get it to see if that can resolve it. I have not confirmed if the players are facing the same issue but they did not seem to have the same loading icon issue as I.
1406872746
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Is there any errors in the console log? If you can post it, Sarah or another mod or even a dev can take a look at it. That could help a lot if you could post it.
I have had no error pop-ups. I have downloaded firefox as a potential option to try an alternative option. as of yet I have not had an opportunity to check it if the issue is still present.
Michael, did you find out if your players are seeing the same thing you are?
I will try to get them on tonight or tomorrow. and see what transpires.
Thanks, Michael. Let me know what happens when you get the chance.
Sarah: It appears I cannot get my camera to connect via google chrome, however I can through firefx. I don't understand the issue as I have used it prior with no issues what so ever. as mentioned above, all settings are correct a/o set to recommended. No error pop ups; the tab (chrome) shows connection; Icons show the loading action; no extensions enabled/present. for now I'll default to firefox and run with it.