Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Animation/Transition Question

I am looking for a way to do a page peel transition from map to map. Now from what I understand this isn't 100% possible but I think I may have figured out a trick, in theory, if not in practice. The idea would be to have an animated token as side 2 of a roll table/multisided token. The animation is the page peeling up as if the book is being opened and since it is leaving behind a transparency layer you would see what was underneath revealing the "next page of the story". Obviously page details and specific tokens and such wouldn't really be there, but as a landing page you could then jump to the actual page in question afterwards. I don't know, I just really want a page peel transition lol.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
This isn't a page peel , but could theoretically be used for map transitions if you don't care about dynamic lighting. Instead of theater of the mind images, the actual map images could be used. Differently sized maps could use an additional query or you could build the syntax conditionally based on map name in Scriptcards. A longshot, but thought I'd share just in case.
That trick will definitely work. Thank you.