Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Strixhaven: A Curriculum of Chaos is now available on the Roll20 Marketplace!

No more snoozing the alarm! Grab your handy haversack and race for the bus! Wizards of the Coast has released Strixhaven: A Curriculum of Chaos and it's now available for purchase on the Roll20 Marketplace. What's Inside Adds new player character options including feats and a new background. Includes new spells and magical items. Through the book’s multiyear campaign, players begin as first-year students who study, socialize, and adventure their way to graduation. Includes four adventures that can be played as stand-alones or woven together to create one campaign taking players from level 1 to level 10. Encounter over forty magical, mysterious creatures and NPCs in the bestiary. Players can create characters using a new race presented in the book, an owlin, one of the owlfolk who study at the university. Experience D&D in new ways through the academic challenges, extracurricular activities and jobs, and relationships explored on campus. Strixhaven can easily be dropped into any D&D world or campaign with the provided rules for adventuring as a student of magic. Common Questions How do I use the addons with the module? The addons are not built to be used with the module. If you want to play the whole adventure, we recommend using the module. If you want to play just one year of the campaign, use the addon. There are several handouts, maps, and characters that exist in all four addons and the module, and installing multiples will cause some overwriting and empty folders. As always, please make a copy of your game before adding new content. Should I play with the addons or the module? The best experience is found in the module. The addons were built with the intention of having only what is needed to for a single year, so there is content in the module that is not found in any of the addons. For the fullest, best experience, please use the module. Do not add addons to the module or content will be overwritten. Is this the same adventure that was played during Roll20Con? No, although Aabria used assets that are included in the Strixhaven module, the adventure itself was created for the con. I saw a map called 'pregen tokens' in the stream. Where can I find that? Good eye- it was only visible for a second. That was a map created to help the stream team find tokens and does not exist in the conversion, HOWEVER, it was created from the tokens that are included in your art pack for this product! You would just need to pull them from your art library to the table.
Is there anything in the book that is not  in the Roll20 content? Or, to put in the other way around, if I buy the Roll20 content and not the book, am I missing out on anything (beyond the sensual feel of dead trees)? I'd hate to buy this and find out afterwards that I still need to shell out for the book...
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Roll20 modules contain all art and all text from each book.
I'm trying to purchase this as well as another item, a map pack, for a couple of my players and it is not letting me do so.  Neither Roll20 name or email is considered valid even though it will let me do a subscription gift to said person.  They are both players that have had accounts for many years. Sorry if this is in the wrong spot. Just looking for insight.  
The compendium link does not lead to any readable content in the compendium. This is very disappointing.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The link seems to be misformed. This should get you to the table of contents , though. I'll see if I can file a  Help Center Request .
keithcurtis said: The link seems to be misformed. This should get you to the table of contents , though. I'll see if I can file a  Help Center Request . As so often, Keith is the savior. Thank you!
Hi, I know this just came out today, but I was trying to Build a new Character through the charactermancer and chose one of the new strixhaven initiates (prismari) and I can add the background.  But it states that I should get the Feat Strixhaven initiate, but I can't add it on in the CharacterMancer.  I can add it after, but then I have to add the cantrips that come with it manually as well.  Also the seplls listed in the background don't get added to my spell list either.  Hopefully these features get fixed, it seems like something that would have looked into, as these features are a big selling point of strixhaven In the Equipment, it also appears I can't pick Artisans tools from the dropdown, only an instrument
Background Bug doesn't show/allow ideals, bonds and flaws.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Vince M. said: keithcurtis said: The link seems to be misformed. This should get you to the table of contents , though. I'll see if I can file a  Help Center Request . As so often, Keith is the savior. Thank you! And it now appears to have been fixed. Thanks for the report!
Hey folks, your friendly TA here to give you a little update!  Stephan K., as Keith said, everything in the book is included in all our Roll20 modules, but some of it may be in places that make more sense for the VTT than a book. For example, the section on building relationships with fellow students has the student information right on the student's character sheet so everything is at your fingertips when the GM needs to reference that student. Josh D., if you haven't already, please file a  Help Center Request  so the right eyes can get on your issue. Vince M., Thank you for your eagle eyes. (And thank you, Keith, for getting it to me!) Tom, as happens every so often, the Wizards behind the screen like to throw a curveball, like backgrounds granting feats that grant spells, that we aren't set up to facilitate at launch. We are hard at work trying to make the Charactermancer experience one that works for everyone, but in this case, we weren't able to get our artificers to upgrade fast enough. Please continue to manually drag the feat and/or selected spells to your character sheet from the compendium in the meantime. I will also pass along the equipment issue as that is one that should be easily fixed. Thanks for your report! Kassynder, weirdly enough, the backgrounds included in Strixhaven did not have ideals, bonds, or flaws associated with them. Sounds like a perfect opportunity to let your creativity shine in creating your own- or you can select a different background, choose ideals, bonds, and flaws from there, then switch back to your chosen background and input them manually.
The pages in Strixhaven are missing the poster from the book, which is important as a view for players to understand where all the campuses are. I was going to use it with markers for players moving around to different places. Can we get this added, please? 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It should be a page in a module created with Strixhaven.

Edited 1639232887
Yes, it should be. Why it's only a handout is an odd choice.
I was just checking Strixhaven Spell list and I noticed that the casting time of Silvery Barbs has only 1 reaction instead of " 1 reaction, which you take when a creature you can see within 60 feet of yourself succeeds on an attack roll, an ability check, or a saving throw ". Is this intentional or an oversight ?