Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macro Falure on all my games

Within the last hour, all macros that refer to a character weather by name or by selection, have failed. I get the message "Unable to find a player or character with "name". Has there just been an update
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Make sure the name does not include a space at the end, or any "control" characters: quotes, macro characters, brackets, some accented characters. The extra space is an easy one to miss, though. Is this on all characters? If so it is possible that this is due to a  corrupted Chat Archive. A game's Creator is often able to fix issues with their Text Chat by  clearing the Chat Archive  (note: not  clearing your current Chat Log ). A GM might want to copy/back up the Chat Archive before the Creator clears it. This seems unlikely though, given your symptoms. If you post an example macro, we might be able to spot the issue.
keithcurtis said: Make sure the name does not include a space at the end, or any "control" characters: quotes, macro characters, brackets, some accented characters. The extra space is an easy one to miss, though. Is this on all characters? If so it is possible that this is due to a  corrupted Chat Archive. A game's Creator is often able to fix issues with their Text Chat by  clearing the Chat Archive  (note: not  clearing your current Chat Log ). A GM might want to copy/back up the Chat Archive before the Creator clears it. This seems unlikely though, given your symptoms. If you post an example macro, we might be able to spot the issue. I am having the same problems with the macros built into the PF1e community character sheet.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Did you try any of the suggestions? When you say, "built in", do you mean the buttons on the character sheet that you click for attacks, skill checks and so forth? All characters, or just some?

Edited 1639628568
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I think roll20 may have "fixed" the required workaround for nested quotes for CSE-based sheets when they "fixed" the marketplace receipt code yesterday... I have submitted a update/fix for the Pathfinder Community sheet, more info in the PF Community sheet thread here , but this may have potentially effected many other sheets as well.
I just finished playing a game, and am having the same issues. Even went back to an old game to test and the macros are broken there, but nothing has been touched in months. Simple things like %{Name|Skills} come up with an error, whether executed from macro, chat text, or from buttons on the character sheet.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Which sheet are you using tech?
Pathfinder Community Sheet
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Maybe I can ask for a hotfix, but more than likely we may have to wait till Friday for the fix. ;-(
What I did happen to notice, is that the field for the character name (when hovered over) shows @character_name, but I would have expected it to show @character-name. I expect to see hyphens instead of underscores, but that may be intended.

Edited 1639629357
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@character_name is correct and is actually a "built-in" attribute native to all character journals.  This is definitely an issue(at least on the PF sheet) with the extra ampersand that "was" needed post-CSE in nested quotes.