Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can a Macro trigger an Action button?

I have an action button in my sheet that I want to be able to trigger via a chat Macro. Is this possible? If so, what's the syntax? If not, is it possible via API / does a script exist to do it?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
%{name of character|name of action} or if you have the token selected: %{selected|name of action}
Excellent! Thanks!
Almost anything you can trigger from your sheet can be a macro. 1. fire it from your sheet  2. click in chat box and press up-arrow  3. copy and paste into a macro & Bob's your uncle... You can also drag it to the bottom of the screen to make a macro on the macro quick bar, first you must enable it in the collections tab.
al e. said: Almost anything you can trigger from your sheet can be a macro. 1. fire it from your sheet  2. click in chat box and press up-arrow  3. copy and paste into a macro & Bob's your uncle... You can also drag it to the bottom of the screen to make a macro on the macro quick bar, first you must enable it in the collections tab. I believe this works for Roll buttons, but not for Action buttons. I can't drag my Action button to the macro quick bar, nor does it add anything to the chat history when I click it. Behind the scenes it's calling a sheet worker function.
Isurandil
Pro
Sheet Author
Grinning Gecko said: al e. said: Almost anything you can trigger from your sheet can be a macro. 1. fire it from your sheet  2. click in chat box and press up-arrow  3. copy and paste into a macro & Bob's your uncle... You can also drag it to the bottom of the screen to make a macro on the macro quick bar, first you must enable it in the collections tab. I believe this works for Roll buttons, but not for Action buttons. I can't drag my Action button to the macro quick bar, nor does it add anything to the chat history when I click it. Behind the scenes it's calling a sheet worker function. There is a way to have "action buttons" in the macro bar . See also this thread .