Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can't appear to use certain emojis in a character sheet

Edited 1640903301
Hi all Wanted to use some emojis in a character sheet, the intended view (from separate html) should be this: But when viewing in roll20 I actually get this: Any ideas what might be going on here? (Note placing the emojis elsewhere makes no difference it seems)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Most emojis and other high order byte characters do not live through the pull process, at least for API scripts. I assume the same is true for sheets. They do not even live through being posted to the forums. It would be safer to use graphics, if possible. It's also desirable since emojis can change unexpectedly in appearance from platform to platform.
Sadge, but fair enough thankee for the reply
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
You could also try using the html entities for those characters...for example: Sword = 🗡 Fist = 🤜 Bow = 🏹 Pistol = 🔫 I have no idea what that last thing is, so couldn't look it up, but...maybe those other things work for you...
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That approach does not work for the API (once pulled through the repo), but maybe it will for character sheets?
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
I use several emoji (and other unicode) characters on the Savage Worlds character sheet, including the sword/knife one above. :)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Live and learn. Thanks!