Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Companion App (Roll20 Mobile) - Updates, Bugs, & Feedback

Edited 1647636710
Nicole B.
Roll20 Team
Hey there! This thread is for all things mobile-app-related. We'll be posting any updates, responding to bug reports and other feedback, and collecting known issues here. Bug Reporting The best way to report a bug is through the "Report a bug" button on the app's home screen. This link autofills information about your phone and app version so we get a more complete view of what's going on. You can also reach the same form on the Roll20 Help Center , or post in this thread. Some helpful information to include: What kind of device you're using (Google Pixel 3, iPhone X, etc.) Which app version you are on (can be found on the home screen of the app) If applicable, a URL to the campaign you're having problems with As much detail as possible on the steps you took to encounter this issue, so we can try to reproduce your experience Screenshots are very helpful! Feedback We collect all our feedback on our Product Portal . You're welcome to leave them here as well, but the easiest way for us to get the big picture on what you want to see next is this portal. Please submit your ideas if you have opinions on what the app should add next! We take this feedback very seriously when deciding where to focus our efforts. Current Status Check out the Mobile Change Log for a more in-depth look at all our changes. Recent Highlights 3/18 - Dice Tray for character sheets released 2/17 - SRD Compendium released Coming Soon GM view for character selection Bug fixes Non-SRD Compendium
Released a small hotfix today to fix some bugs with character sheet integration to avoid data loss when opening some unsupported character sheets. Android is now on version 1.0.5  and iOS is on version 1.0.4 . Check them out as they roll out over the next few hours! Keep an eye out for some more user-facing features very soon :)
Hey friends! We just released a new Android and iOS build to our beta channels . That's right, our beta is still ongoing and you can still sign up ! These changes should be in the release version early next year. Changes for version 1.0.7: Changed UI on home screens and roll query language. Fixed a bug where games with 1000+ messages in the last day would crash the app. Go ahead, spam your friends.
I'm going to just put it here -- but this is a decent app for players, but not for GMs. Could you at least put all the characters so the GM can see them? I think it might be helpful if we could see their sheets at a glance without dealing with the browser interface.
sean c. said: I'm going to just put it here -- but this is a decent app for players, but not for GMs. Could you at least put all the characters so the GM can see them? I think it might be helpful if we could see their sheets at a glance without dealing with the browser interface. Thanks for the feedback! This is something we're looking into, but our focus at this moment is building out more player-focused features like compendium access and basic dice rolling, so we probably won't be building out more GM-specific features in the immediate future. I definitely hear what you're saying about one change making it significantly more useful for you.
Hello! Hope this is the right place for this! First off, thank you! My players had been using D&D Beyond but that keeps them from being able to use the resources I purchase as a DM for us. However...I am curious whether or not there will be,  1. a capability that they will be able to add and remove things from their inventory themselves 2. be able to click and see the stats for their inventory items. We use the VTT for in person playing (mostly dig the virtual battle maps)and we all have the same addiction to hearing our dice clickety-clack when we roll them for real :-) Also since I play with a variety of ages (mostly family games) not everyone has access to something that runs the VTT. So, that means that myself and my daughter are the only ones who can update inventory on the website, which gets to be a lot for me, a still rookie DM. Right now they are all using a mix of paper character sheets, the roll20 companion and D&D Beyond which also gets complicated for new players as well! Thanks in advance and thank you for another awesome tool!
The Vampire 5E sheet seems to be broken now. It no longer allows one to make rolls in the game.
TheMotherShip said: Hello! Hope this is the right place for this! First off, thank you! My players had been using D&D Beyond but that keeps them from being able to use the resources I purchase as a DM for us. However...I am curious whether or not there will be,  1. a capability that they will be able to add and remove things from their inventory themselves 2. be able to click and see the stats for their inventory items. We use the VTT for in person playing (mostly dig the virtual battle maps)and we all have the same addiction to hearing our dice clickety-clack when we roll them for real :-) Also since I play with a variety of ages (mostly family games) not everyone has access to something that runs the VTT. So, that means that myself and my daughter are the only ones who can update inventory on the website, which gets to be a lot for me, a still rookie DM. Right now they are all using a mix of paper character sheets, the roll20 companion and D&D Beyond which also gets complicated for new players as well! Thanks in advance and thank you for another awesome tool! I know the feeling, I've also used the app just for reference with my real dice and the 5 nat 20s I got that night really paid off. :) We had a mix of those three at our table too! I'll double check on these features specifically when I'm back in the office on Monday, but the goal is to be able to fully manage your character sheet from your phone, so tentatively I believe these are on the way. But please submit this into our Product Portal as well, since we rely on it so heavily to weigh out when features are rolled out. Dr DM said: The Vampire 5E sheet seems to be broken now. It no longer allows one to make rolls in the game. The app at this time only supports the D&D 5E by Roll20 character sheet. We're working towards supporting other systems like Vampire the Masquerade, but any functionality on other character sheets is subject to change as we roll out sheet workers and dial in the character sheet systems. Like the above though, it would be great if you cast a vote for playing VtM on your phone in our product portal. The order in which we optimize character sheets has some wiggle room depending on what people want the most, so your feedback will be taken into consideration!
Thank you for your answer Nicole, I went to the portal and submitted my ideas and a few more! Happy Holidays!

Edited 1640932564
Fairly straightforward problem: I can't log in on the companion app.  It says invalid username or password. As a test, I changed my password on desktop and then tried again to log in on my phone.  Still no luck.  Then I changed it back to the original password, and tried to log in again on my phone after that.  Still no luck. As another test, I tried a different roll20 account, but using the same companion app on my same phone.  That one actually worked!  So it seems that my account, specifically, is somehow locked out of the companion app. As another test, I opened the roll20.net website in my phone's browser, and logged in there using my own normal account.  That let me log in.  Tried again in the mobile app immediately afterwards, and of course it still says my password is wrong. Initially I thought that this might be because, before logging into the new companion app, I tried several times to log into the old, discontinued app (without realizing it was discontinued) and that perhaps my account was locked from mobile logins due to the repeated failures.  However, I can log in on desktop just fine, and also it's now been over two weeks since I swapped to the new app.  So if my account was ever locked due to failed logins, it has surely been unlocked by now. Device is a Galaxy A71 5G running Android 11.  Was initially using app version 1.0.5 build 141, but updated to version 1.0.6 build 142, which didn't solve the problem.
sean c. said: I'm going to just put it here -- but this is a decent app for players, but not for GMs. Could you at least put all the characters so the GM can see them? I think it might be helpful if we could see their sheets at a glance without dealing with the browser interface. I may be misunderstanding what you are asking for but I can access my player character sheets on my companion app. It might have to do with the fact that their sheets on the VTT have me set as able to see and edit all of them?

Edited 1640998128
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I think sean c is asking for all characters, PC and NPC to be available, to add function for GMs. I know that this is not in the mandate of the app, which is specifically intended to be a player aid, but this is a feedback thread, and all ideas are on the table. Personally, I think it would be more of a hassle to manage 100+ NPC sheets on my phone, but that may not be everyone's use case. It would certainly be handy to use as a reference, maybe in between games.

Edited 1641259851
Nicole B.
Roll20 Team
Fellow Human said: Fairly straightforward problem: I can't log in on the companion app.  It says invalid username or password. As a test, I changed my password on desktop and then tried again to log in on my phone.  Still no luck.  Then I changed it back to the original password, and tried to log in again on my phone after that.  Still no luck. As another test, I tried a different roll20 account, but using the same companion app on my same phone.  That one actually worked!  So it seems that my account, specifically, is somehow locked out of the companion app. As another test, I opened the roll20.net website in my phone's browser, and logged in there using my own normal account.  That let me log in.  Tried again in the mobile app immediately afterwards, and of course it still says my password is wrong. Initially I thought that this might be because, before logging into the new companion app, I tried several times to log into the old, discontinued app (without realizing it was discontinued) and that perhaps my account was locked from mobile logins due to the repeated failures.  However, I can log in on desktop just fine, and also it's now been over two weeks since I swapped to the new app.  So if my account was ever locked due to failed logins, it has surely been unlocked by now. Device is a Galaxy A71 5G running Android 11.  Was initially using app version 1.0.5 build 141, but updated to version 1.0.6 build 142, which didn't solve the problem. Thanks so much for the detailed report! We have seen some reports of login issues, but this gives us enough detail to see if we can link these accounts together and nail down a common thread between the accounts. I'll be making a ticket for this for sure. TheMotherShip said: Thank you for your answer Nicole, I went to the portal and submitted my ideas and a few more! Happy Holidays! No problem! As promised, I double checked back with the team today and inventory management at that level isn't on the immediate radar for the 5e mobile character sheet. Product portal is also a good place for that feedback. :) Small-but-big update: Last week, we released a fix for the bug that's been blanking out the attacks of some characters. Thanks so much for all of your patience. You don't need to update your apps, the latest version of the character sheet is already on your devices. If you continue to see this bug, please report it here or through the Bug Reporting button in the app so we can investigate further.
Aaaaand the app stores have now been brought up-to-speed with the beta channels. The latest version of the app is 1.0.7 , and you can see the changes below. A little prettier and a little steadier :) Nicole B. said: Hey friends! We just released a new Android and iOS build to our beta channels . That's right, our beta is still ongoing and you can still sign up ! These changes should be in the release version early next year. Changes for version 1.0.7: Changed UI on home screens and roll query language. Fixed a bug where games with 1000+ messages in the last day would crash the app. Go ahead, spam your friends.

Edited 1642029391
Julien
Translator
Hi, I'm using the companion app for my D&D5 character and I was wondering if there was a way to indicate prepared spells just like on the web browser version?
Julien said: Hi, I'm using the companion app for my D&D5 character and I was wondering if there was a way to indicate prepared spells just like on the web browser version? This is something we have planned but not in the very immediate future. Please submit your feedback in the Product Portal to bump it up in priorities :)
As of today, I can't see spell descriptions on the companion app anymore.
Reser-Catloons said: As of today, I can't see spell descriptions on the companion app anymore. Thanks for the report. We release some style updates a few days ago that have obviously had an unintended consequence. We're working on fixing it now!
Aaaaand we're back. Sorry for the blip folks, but I hope you enjoy the new styling :) We've also pushed out an update to the apps. iOS will be on build 1.0.9, and Android on 1.0.10. These are still being reviewed by the app stores, but keep an eye out for them later today or early tomorrow! Changes: iOS: Fix to a bug that may cause Pathfinder sheets to blank out when opened in the app. Android:  Added informational text and a cool and hip graphic when you have no games under a particular filter on the home screen. My boss said I wasn't allowed to call the graphic cool and hip. What can I say? I'm a rebel. Android:  Added invisible scaffolding for upcoming features. Shhhhh. You saw nothing.
And my spells have disappeared entirely - same issue, maybe? Nicole B. said: Reser-Catloons said: As of today, I can't see spell descriptions on the companion app anymore. Thanks for the report. We release some style updates a few days ago that have obviously had an unintended consequence. We're working on fixing it now!
Is there a chance to add a light theme? The current dark theme literally hurts my eyes because of the extra strain I need to see things. I understand that dark theme apps are so "in", but I think it should be a matter of choice, as I know I'm not the only one who has serious usability issues with dark themes.
Christine H.  said: And my spells have disappeared entirely - same issue, maybe? We actually have resolved this issue once before but maybe the style update or the fix to the spells we just did reignited this issue. I was able to copy your Rime of the Frostmaiden game and reproduce the bug on a couple characters, so I've escalated this to the appropriate team for another fix. Edem said: Is there a chance to add a light theme? The current dark theme literally hurts my eyes because of the extra strain I need to see things. I understand that dark theme apps are so "in", but I think it should be a matter of choice, as I know I'm not the only one who has serious usability issues with dark themes. This isn't something we have on our radar right now but it's definitely doable. Please submit this to Product Board so we can appropriately prioritize which features we work towards next! Greatly appreciate the feedback, I'm the kind of person that uses DarkReader to make every page dark mode (even this one) so it's good to hear from people less like me, especially when it comes to accessbility.
I am experiencing the same error in login as Fellow Human did on December 31. The app is not recognizing my username and password as valid. I am also able to log in on desktop, and changing my password on desktop did not affect my ability to log in on the app. I know that it's already on your radar, but I figured that more information is better than less! I saw that the previous poster had successfully used the app to log into a separate account than the one they had originally wanted to log in to. As a test, I created a new account under a separate email address to see if the app would allow me to log in to that one. It did not, and I received the same error as before. For additional information, I just downloaded the app for the first time today. I am using Version 1.010 Build 150, downloaded from the Google Play store. My device is a Samsung Galaxy A52 5G using Android 11.
Ella said: I am experiencing the same error in login as Fellow Human did on December 31. The app is not recognizing my username and password as valid. I am also able to log in on desktop, and changing my password on desktop did not affect my ability to log in on the app. I know that it's already on your radar, but I figured that more information is better than less! I saw that the previous poster had successfully used the app to log into a separate account than the one they had originally wanted to log in to. As a test, I created a new account under a separate email address to see if the app would allow me to log in to that one. It did not, and I received the same error as before. For additional information, I just downloaded the app for the first time today. I am using Version 1.010 Build 150, downloaded from the Google Play store. My device is a Samsung Galaxy A52 5G using Android 11. Thanks for the report! The testing on other accounts has been really helpful, since we can rule out that it's something device-related and must be account-related. This is a high priority fix for us.
Edem said: Is there a chance to add a light theme? The current dark theme literally hurts my eyes because of the extra strain I need to see things. I understand that dark theme apps are so "in", but I think it should be a matter of choice, as I know I'm not the only one who has serious usability issues with dark themes. This isn't something we have on our radar right now but it's definitely doable. Please submit this to Product Board so we can appropriately prioritize which features we work towards next! Greatly appreciate the feedback, I'm the kind of person that uses DarkReader to make every page dark mode (even this one) so it's good to hear from people less like me, especially when it comes to accessbility. Hi, I have submitted to the product board, but I don't see the submission - not sure where can I see my submissions and whether they have been approved or not. And if this is planned, I think it should be done early as possible, cause every additional feature added before supporting a theme will make it harder to implement, while if the themeing (or at least light/dark setting) is available, future features can (and should) plan for it. (Please don't be like a certain popular other who came out with a mobile app 2 years ago and still just promises to eventually plan to have a light theme, and I literally can't use their app for more than a couple minutes per hour without serious eye strain... ) I really want to use the app because it helps decluttering my screen during game.
Hi, I have submitted to the product board, but I don't see the submission - not sure where can I see my submissions and whether they have been approved or not. And if this is planned, I think it should be done early as possible, cause every additional feature added before supporting a theme will make it harder to implement, while if the themeing (or at least light/dark setting) is available, future features can (and should) plan for it. (Please don't be like a certain popular other who came out with a mobile app 2 years ago and still just promises to eventually plan to have a light theme, and I literally can't use their app for more than a couple minutes per hour without serious eye strain... ) I really want to use the app because it helps decluttering my screen during game. It's there, just not immediately visible - the cards that you see are the frontend are created by us based on the suggestions sent through. Fortunately, it doesn't quite work like that when it comes to theming on a technical level, so adding features won't preclude us from changing theming options. :)
I have a character sheet that does not render inside the app. The best I can do to reduce possible origins of this is character sheets imported using the Character Vault.  Originally, I wondered if it was math/links I sometimes use inside attack/skill/features entries to show images or calculated numbers in the chat output, but a newly produced sheet has these and it rendered inside the app just fine.  It seems like, somehow, a character sheet can become “corrupted” w.r.t. the method in which the app parses it to render inside the app.  Wondering if anyone else here has seen this and found a way to fix the sheet?
Webster said: I have a character sheet that does not render inside the app. The best I can do to reduce possible origins of this is character sheets imported using the Character Vault.  Originally, I wondered if it was math/links I sometimes use inside attack/skill/features entries to show images or calculated numbers in the chat output, but a newly produced sheet has these and it rendered inside the app just fine.  It seems like, somehow, a character sheet can become “corrupted” w.r.t. the method in which the app parses it to render inside the app.  Wondering if anyone else here has seen this and found a way to fix the sheet? Which campaign/character is this? You have quite a few so it's hard to narrow down to see if I can replicate this issue. We've seen this issue here and there and the more characters we can link to it, the easier it'll be to see the pattern. I do lots of vault importing, so I don't think it's linked to that, but the actual cause is still under investigation.

Edited 1644533317
  Nicole B. said: Webster said: I have a character sheet that does not render inside the app. The best I can do to reduce possible origins of this is character sheets imported using the Character Vault.  Originally, I wondered if it was math/links I sometimes use inside attack/skill/features entries to show images or calculated numbers in the chat output, but a newly produced sheet has these and it rendered inside the app just fine.  It seems like, somehow, a character sheet can become “corrupted” w.r.t. the method in which the app parses it to render inside the app.  Wondering if anyone else here has seen this and found a way to fix the sheet? Which campaign/character is this? You have quite a few so it's hard to narrow down to see if I can replicate this issue. We've seen this issue here and there and the more characters we can link to it, the easier it'll be to see the pattern. I do lots of vault importing, so I don't think it's linked to that, but the actual cause is still under investigation. The campaign is  Stones in the Sand,  and the character is  Jalaan.
Webster said:   Nicole B. said: Webster said: I have a character sheet that does not render inside the app. The best I can do to reduce possible origins of this is character sheets imported using the Character Vault.  Originally, I wondered if it was math/links I sometimes use inside attack/skill/features entries to show images or calculated numbers in the chat output, but a newly produced sheet has these and it rendered inside the app just fine.  It seems like, somehow, a character sheet can become “corrupted” w.r.t. the method in which the app parses it to render inside the app.  Wondering if anyone else here has seen this and found a way to fix the sheet? Which campaign/character is this? You have quite a few so it's hard to narrow down to see if I can replicate this issue. We've seen this issue here and there and the more characters we can link to it, the easier it'll be to see the pattern. I do lots of vault importing, so I don't think it's linked to that, but the actual cause is still under investigation. The campaign is  Stones in the Sand,  and the character is  Jalaan. Oh, I actually have a copy of your game already to investigate. Investigation is still ongoing, unfortunately, but a character not loading is a very high priority for us so we've been working hard on identifying the issue and why that issue doesn't affect the VTT the same way it's affecting the app.
Nicole B. said: Webster said:   Nicole B. said: Webster said: I have a character sheet that does not render inside the app. The best I can do to reduce possible origins of this is character sheets imported using the Character Vault.  Originally, I wondered if it was math/links I sometimes use inside attack/skill/features entries to show images or calculated numbers in the chat output, but a newly produced sheet has these and it rendered inside the app just fine.  It seems like, somehow, a character sheet can become “corrupted” w.r.t. the method in which the app parses it to render inside the app.  Wondering if anyone else here has seen this and found a way to fix the sheet? Which campaign/character is this? You have quite a few so it's hard to narrow down to see if I can replicate this issue. We've seen this issue here and there and the more characters we can link to it, the easier it'll be to see the pattern. I do lots of vault importing, so I don't think it's linked to that, but the actual cause is still under investigation. The campaign is  Stones in the Sand,  and the character is  Jalaan. Oh, I actually have a copy of your game already to investigate. Investigation is still ongoing, unfortunately, but a character not loading is a very high priority for us so we've been working hard on identifying the issue and why that issue doesn't affect the VTT the same way it's affecting the app. Noted :) I’m very curious as well. 
Good morning! Got a big release for you guys today - iOS and Android builds are now on version  1.1.0 . This is still rolling out/being reviewed in the app stores, so if you don't see it immediately, you'll see it throughout the next few days. Release notes: SRD Search!! Search for your items, monsters, spells, rules, or more! Now you can access all SRD content directly from your phone or tablet. Keep your monster's statblock open on your phone, look up that spell scroll you just received, or remind yourself what grapple actually does. We're excited to share our hard work with you, so please let us know what you think in this thread, the Product Portal , or through our bug reporting system in-app!
This might be intentional, but I noticed that unlike "Items" in the Journal, the app SRD does not have entries for the non-magical versions of standard weapons like Longsword or Quarterstaff (ie. if I search on Longsword, I get a list of magical ones, but no entry just for Longsword). Also, on an unrelated note, on the standard 5E sheet, the Attribute Options settings for Add Dex Tiebreaker to Initiatiive doesn't detect if this box was already checked on the sheet, and it works as a toggle, so turning it on in the app then turns it off on the sheet (and vice versa). The app uses the local copy of this when making the roll, so this is only an issue for someone switching between app and web view of their sheet.
Ken S. said: This might be intentional, but I noticed that unlike "Items" in the Journal, the app SRD does not have entries for the non-magical versions of standard weapons like Longsword or Quarterstaff (ie. if I search on Longsword, I get a list of magical ones, but no entry just for Longsword). Also, on an unrelated note, on the standard 5E sheet, the Attribute Options settings for Add Dex Tiebreaker to Initiatiive doesn't detect if this box was already checked on the sheet, and it works as a toggle, so turning it on in the app then turns it off on the sheet (and vice versa). The app uses the local copy of this when making the roll, so this is only an issue for someone switching between app and web view of their sheet. Thanks for the reports! Definitely not intentional, so I've escalated that to the appropriate team for correction. Dex is definitely doing some weird things and I've made a ticket for that as well.
This is on a custom sheet but wasn't sure if it was a known issue blocking eventual universal support.  Seems that if I attempt to use any roll button which includes an inline roll I get an error starting with: " Error evaluating roll starting with text, "[[" at position ..." This was using 1.1.0 build 161 on a Pixel 5 but I had other users reporting the same issue, also Android users.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Matt Carpenter said: This is on a custom sheet but wasn't sure if it was a known issue blocking eventual universal support.  Seems that if I attempt to use any roll button which includes an inline roll I get an error starting with: " Error evaluating roll starting with text, "[[" at position ..." This was using 1.1.0 build 161 on a Pixel 5 but I had other users reporting the same issue, also Android users. What character sheet was this, and what kind of roll where you trying to do? This info could be useful for community-maintained sheets.
I am noticing that the health bar on tokens is not showing changes when made using the mobile companion app however the HP is being adjusted on the character sheet. Using the Roll20 OGL D&D 5e Sheet.
Nicole B. said: Hi, I have submitted to the product board, but I don't see the submission - not sure where can I see my submissions and whether they have been approved or not. And if this is planned, I think it should be done early as possible, cause every additional feature added before supporting a theme will make it harder to implement, while if the themeing (or at least light/dark setting) is available, future features can (and should) plan for it. (Please don't be like a certain popular other who came out with a mobile app 2 years ago and still just promises to eventually plan to have a light theme, and I literally can't use their app for more than a couple minutes per hour without serious eye strain... ) I really want to use the app because it helps decluttering my screen during game. It's there, just not immediately visible - the cards that you see are the frontend are created by us based on the suggestions sent through. Fortunately, it doesn't quite work like that when it comes to theming on a technical level, so adding features won't preclude us from changing theming options. :) Based on your answer and that it still hasn't appeared on the product page after a month, is it safe to assume adding a light theme is not considered to be done? Unfortunately this is a "make or break" level of crucial for me, and I doubt I'm all alone in this situation.
Senjak
Pro
Sheet Author
I really like the app; however, I'd love it if there was a better way to scroll through the list of characters and if it was possible to have the character chosen persistent across sessions.  The referee in the game that I'm in has many spell templates available and they all show up as characters that have to be scrolled through in order to get to my characters. Thanks!
Senjak
Pro
Sheet Author
Second post with another issue.  There doesn't appear to be a way to set the name that is being transmitted to chat. Normally I'd have the chat use my character name instead of my account name. Thanks!
Senjak
Pro
Sheet Author
Third post with third issue so that everything can be tracked and responded to individually. I couldn't figure out how to get the app to add me to the turn tracker.  Thanks!
Matt Carpenter said: This is on a custom sheet but wasn't sure if it was a known issue blocking eventual universal support.  Seems that if I attempt to use any roll button which includes an inline roll I get an error starting with: " Error evaluating roll starting with text, "[[" at position ..." This was using 1.1.0 build 161 on a Pixel 5 but I had other users reporting the same issue, also Android users. Unfortunately, we only support the D&D 5E by Roll20 character sheet right now. All the pieces aren't in place for wider support of character sheets, so errors like that are likely to happen if the custom sheet runs up against one of our current limitations. Colin B. said: I am noticing that the health bar on tokens is not showing changes when made using the mobile companion app however the HP is being adjusted on the character sheet. Using the Roll20 OGL D&D 5e Sheet. Yeah, we don't have support for tokens in the app as of yet. It's on the roadmap specifically for turn tracker purposes, but I don't think we've discussed this specific scenario so I'll be sure to bring it up with the rest of the team. Senjak said: I really like the app; however, I'd love it if there was a better way to scroll through the list of characters and if it was possible to have the character chosen persistent across sessions.  The referee in the game that I'm in has many spell templates available and they all show up as characters that have to be scrolled through in order to get to my characters. Thanks! Second post with another issue.  There doesn't appear to be a way to set the name that is being transmitted to chat. Normally I'd have the chat use my character name instead of my account name. Third post with third issue so that everything can be tracked and responded to individually. I couldn't figure out how to get the app to add me to the turn tracker.  1. Improved character selection is on its way! 2. This is a really good criticism that I haven't heard before. I'll be bringing this up with the team to see if we can get that on the roadmap. 3. As mentioned above, turn tracker is definitely on our radar but not yet in development. Edem said: Nicole B. said: Hi, I have submitted to the product board, but I don't see the submission - not sure where can I see my submissions and whether they have been approved or not. And if this is planned, I think it should be done early as possible, cause every additional feature added before supporting a theme will make it harder to implement, while if the themeing (or at least light/dark setting) is available, future features can (and should) plan for it. (Please don't be like a certain popular other who came out with a mobile app 2 years ago and still just promises to eventually plan to have a light theme, and I literally can't use their app for more than a couple minutes per hour without serious eye strain... ) I really want to use the app because it helps decluttering my screen during game. It's there, just not immediately visible - the cards that you see are the frontend are created by us based on the suggestions sent through. Fortunately, it doesn't quite work like that when it comes to theming on a technical level, so adding features won't preclude us from changing theming options. :) Based on your answer and that it still hasn't appeared on the product page after a month, is it safe to assume adding a light theme is not considered to be done? Unfortunately this is a "make or break" level of crucial for me, and I doubt I'm all alone in this situation. Our focus right now is on adding functionality and ironing out bugs, so a separate theming system isn't going to be on the radar for a while yet, no.
Nicole B. said: Based on your answer and that it still hasn't appeared on the product page after a month, is it safe to assume adding a light theme is not considered to be done? Unfortunately this is a "make or break" level of crucial for me, and I doubt I'm all alone in this situation. Our focus right now is on adding functionality and ironing out bugs, so a separate theming system isn't going to be on the radar for a while yet, no. Ah shame - cause that means I won't be able to use the app at all for a while yet. :(
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Nicole B. said: Good morning! Got a big release for you guys today - iOS and Android builds are now on version  1.1.0 . This is still rolling out/being reviewed in the app stores, so if you don't see it immediately, you'll see it throughout the next few days. Release notes: SRD Search!! Search for your items, monsters, spells, rules, or more! Now you can access all SRD content directly from your phone or tablet. Keep your monster's statblock open on your phone, look up that spell scroll you just received, or remind yourself what grapple actually does. We're excited to share our hard work with you, so please let us know what you think in this thread, the Product Portal , or through our bug reporting system in-app! Hi Nicole! Are there plans to eventually expand this to a full Compendium search for all purchased sources?
keithcurtis said: Nicole B. said: Good morning! Got a big release for you guys today - iOS and Android builds are now on version  1.1.0 . This is still rolling out/being reviewed in the app stores, so if you don't see it immediately, you'll see it throughout the next few days. Release notes: SRD Search!! Search for your items, monsters, spells, rules, or more! Now you can access all SRD content directly from your phone or tablet. Keep your monster's statblock open on your phone, look up that spell scroll you just received, or remind yourself what grapple actually does. We're excited to share our hard work with you, so please let us know what you think in this thread, the Product Portal , or through our bug reporting system in-app! Hi Nicole! Are there plans to eventually expand this to a full Compendium search for all purchased sources? Absolutely! This is a high priority and we're working towards it behind the scenes already. :)

Edited 1647554891
Nicole B.
Roll20 Team
Hey there friends! We just launched a new version of the app. We're now on build 1.2.0 . Only one major feature in this release... Mobile Dice Tray! Tap the new dice icon on your character sheet to slide a dice tray out for simple rolls. I once played with a person who rolled 3d6 for every decision to represent the voices in his character's head. Now he can do that on the app. Someone should let him know. As always with new features, please give them a few days to make it down the line as caches clear and app stores review (especially on iOS). Thanks for all your support! ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNUnZgoUppM" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNUnZgoUppM</a>
The mobile dice tray is nice, but I almost never ask my players to roll a single die.&nbsp; Being able to specifiy N dice and a modifier (eg 2d8+4) would be nice, a formula built by selecting dice and modifiers (2d8+1d4+2), as oppose to just typing a roll string, would be even better. One of the biggest problems my players have is with typing dice roll syntax (I have one who always manages to type an = in place of a + the first time), a a free-form method "/roll 2d8+1d4+2" is very hard for them, but a pop-out with the dice icons and numbers next to each defaulted to 0 and a field for a simple +/- mod should be much easier to use.
Ken S. said: The mobile dice tray is nice, but I almost never ask my players to roll a single die.&nbsp; Being able to specifiy N dice and a modifier (eg 2d8+4) would be nice, a formula built by selecting dice and modifiers (2d8+1d4+2), as oppose to just typing a roll string, would be even better. One of the biggest problems my players have is with typing dice roll syntax (I have one who always manages to type an = in place of a + the first time), a a free-form method "/roll 2d8+1d4+2" is very hard for them, but a pop-out with the dice icons and numbers next to each defaulted to 0 and a field for a simple +/- mod should be much easier to use. Totally get that. We plan to add more advanced options to the dice tray in the future, and modifiers are on the top of that list. :)
Nicole B. said: Ken S. said: This might be intentional, but I noticed that unlike "Items" in the Journal, the app SRD does not have entries for the non-magical versions of standard weapons like Longsword or Quarterstaff (ie. if I search on Longsword, I get a list of magical ones, but no entry just for Longsword). Also, on an unrelated note, on the standard 5E sheet, the Attribute Options settings for Add Dex Tiebreaker to Initiatiive doesn't detect if this box was already checked on the sheet, and it works as a toggle, so turning it on in the app then turns it off on the sheet (and vice versa). The app uses the local copy of this when making the roll, so this is only an issue for someone switching between app and web view of their sheet. Thanks for the reports! Definitely not intentional, so I've escalated that to the appropriate team for correction. Dex is definitely doing some weird things and I've made a ticket for that as well. Just following up on this -- Longsword is now officially the first result when you search for longsword. As it should be.
Small update today. iOS and Android are both on build 1.2.1 &nbsp;now. Only user facing change is updated messaging for games without any assigned character sheet. As always, app updates will take up to a few days to make it through review processes and rolled out to your phone. Make sure to update!
Hello, App just keeps getting better for us! One small issue noted with the new update (I think). One of my characters sheets has suddenly stopped loading up and goes to an error page that says "Coming soon! NPC sheets aren't supported in Roll20 Mobile - yet! Check back soon and upvote on our product board!" I can not find anything on his sheet that marks him as an NPC and so far his is the only one doing it...any ideas? I fully accept it could be a user error thing, just need to get it figured out :-) TIA