Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Versatile weapons and other combat modifiers

Is there a way to make a macro that is for say a longsword.  Click the macro get a drop down that asks whether the attack is one handed or two handed and rolls the appropriate damage? Is there a way to add global modifiers to the macro?  rage drop down (yes/no) applies damage if yes is selected?
It can be done, and while this isn't quite what you were after it is one i did for one of my characters, a ranger with the dueling fighting style and colossus slayer ability, the character name was Isit so that will have to be adjusted for your own character, but it should give you an idea of how it works.  I'll also mention it is using the D&D 5E sheet by Roll20. @{Isit |wtype}&{template:atkdmg} {{mod=+4}} {{rname=Rapier}} {{r1=[[@{Isit |d20}cs>20 + @{dexterity_mod}[DEX] + @{pb}[PROF]]]}} @{Isit |rtype}cs>20 + @{dexterity_mod}[DEX] + @{pb}[PROF]]]}} {{attack=1}} {{range=}} {{damage=1}} {{dmg1flag=1}} {{dmg1=[[1d8 + @{dexterity_mod}[DEX]]]}} {{dmg1type=Piercing}} 0 {{dmg2=[[0]]}} {{dmg2type=}} {{crit1=[[1d8[CRIT]]]}} {{crit2=[[0[CRIT]]]}} 0 {{desc=}}   {{spelllevel=}} {{innate=}} {{globalattack=@{Isit |global_attack_mod}}} {{globaldamage=[[2[Fighting Style: Dueling]+?{Colossus Slayer| Yes, 1d8[Colossus Slayer]| No, 0[Colossus Slayer]}]]}} {{globaldamagecrit=[[?{Colossus Slayer| Yes, 1d8[Colossus Slayer]| No, 0[Colossus Slayer]}]]}} {{globaldamagetype=@{Isit |global_damage_mod_type}}} ammo= @{Isit |charname_output} Most of the macro was copied from the standard attack macro the sheet itself generates on an attack roll, with just a few points changed