Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

[LFG][5e][EST][MONDAYS][PAID] Newish Player Wants to Try D&D With a Welcoming Group

1641689672

Edited 1641689780
Nick
Plus
I've always loved the concept of D&D, though I haven't gotten to experience it beyond the old school Baldur's Gate games (older rule set, I know) until Covid when I started DMing for a group of friends. Thing is, it's a very casual group and I don't have the bandwidth to be a dedicated, thorough DM. I think being a player would be more fun, as well as an opportunity to learn more about the craft.  I'm looking to play with a professional DM and a welcoming group, ideally Mondays around 7:00PM EST. Mostly I'm interested in an official module with the opportunity to go beyond the level cap (since it seems like most of them end around 10ish) if the group is enjoying things. Prefer to start from the beginning - session 0, creating the group, talking about what we want, all that stuff is fun for me too. I'm interested in detailed settings, role playing, combat, and fun problem solving, although that doesn't mean I won't dive in to serious story beats. I'm a pretty laid back person and player, friendly and welcoming, and I'm looking for a similarly minded group and DM that won't mind me asking dumb questions and learning how to RP in a real game. Somehow I think it'll be harder for me than my limited DM experience!
Sadly I can't dm for you but I'd love to join as a player. Ive got some experience with the game though not extensive amounts and the time slot seems right up my alley. I've got a character already planned out that im using for another game that I plan on running as practice roleplay for when I have sessions for that game, since they are quite irregular. If you would like to have me id be happy to discuss more in pms about myself or the character.
Hi Nick, I have a couple of beginner games that I am just starting that sound like a good fit with what you are looking for. Unfortunately the times might not work, they are afternoon games on Wednesday and Friday. But take a look. they are here: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/317168/the-lost-mine-of-phandelver" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/317168/the-lost-mine-of-phandelver</a> &nbsp;and here: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/317219/the-sunless-citadel" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/317219/the-sunless-citadel</a> All the best.