Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

DL Path associated with token.

Hi all, Is there a way to "group" a token on object layer and a DL path on DL Layer ? Let me explain my demand. When for example you cast a "linear" spell such as wall of fire, the vision through it is impossible according to rules. Is there a way to create a wall of fire token (I already did) and a DL path (did that too of course) and group them together and make it a default token. This desired script should be able to handle token that are drawings or not (to be able to angle it the way we want and need) and ideally (but then maybe i'm dreaming a little too much) if the token is resized then the dl path should resize accordingly. This actually is done with DL Darkness for circles or spheres. Could it be imagined for lines ? Hope that interests people. Regards
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
There's an api script called DynamicLightingRecorder that should do that. 
I was worried first reading at the script description becasue it was needing to be on the map layer, but once set, you can move it to the object layer so yeah it is perfect for use with line effects !!! Thanks aaron, i haven't seen that before (it's a 5 y.o script and it actually works with >UDL too haha)
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Lol!  Yeah, didn't remember precisely if it would, so I'm glad it did. UDL and LDL use the same path objects for DL lines, so this sort of thing will work fine for both, just like Walls works for both still. =D