Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Token Names?

Is there any way for players to see the names of tokens? I have, for example, multiple versions of monsters, and there needs to be a way to differentiate them.
Same problem here. Sometimes, I use the same token with different characters.
Would be nice to have the name appear (giving the GM a choice) at the bottom or the top of the PC token and at a minimum a mouse over name appear on NPCs or monsters (so as not to give information about the bad guys away)
Names are coming. For now, you can see them in the turn tracker.
Having the names for NPC's would be good, but I also want the ability to hide the NPC name for that as well as in the initiative tracker. If the PCs have not identified what it is, the name often gives it away.
For that you can always use the apparent name (for example "nice lady") on the token and having the true name ("horrible witch") in your GM notes.