Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Palladium Fantasy 1E sheet upcoming change

Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
This was my first sheet, and while it is the main one I use for the Palladium system, part of it has bugged me off and on for a while.  When I created the skill section of this sheet, I didn't even think of sheetworker scripts being used to calculate the total success chance.  What I did instead was treat any bonus fields as modifiers on the dice roll.  Currently, a bonus from the IQ stat or the temporary modifier subtract from the dice roll, so that it is easier to roll under the success number. The current set up: Depending on bonuses and the dice result, this could sometimes wind up with a negative number being output in chat, with players wondering what was going on.  I was working with I knew how to do at the time, but when I made the other sheets I created the skill sections differently.  I am going to be bringing some of those sheet mechanics back to this older sheet. First, nothing will need to change on existing sheets. The current Skill Ratings you have entered will stay.  All the same attributes will be in use, and I will be adding 2 attributes (1 editable, and one read only filled in by sheetworker).  Unless I find something broken that needs changed, the altered skill section should look like this: The new "Total" attribute is being generated by  a sheetworker, and that is what is going to be posted in chat (and is covered up by the mouse over text in the screenshot).  You can see the Rating is just the same as before.  Each skill will now have an individual bonus that only affects that skill.  The Temporary bonus at the top will still affect all skills other than the Mystic section down at the bottom.  As you can see, the sheet took the 64, added the +3 IQ bonus, added the single skill bonus of 5 for having scouted the place and knowing where the creaky floorboards are, and then subtracted 9 for being a little tipsy while attempting being sneaky.  That gives a total success chance of 63, which is displayed in chat (but hidden by the mouse over).  The dice roll is then just a straight roll.  I have the sheet set up to highlight a 1 as green and a 100 as red, but if you use a wider range for critical success or failure, you can now tell at a glance because the dice roll is displayed without modifiers. The sheetworker will not cap the skills, allowing skills to go over 100, in case you are going to be using the bonuses and (sometimes massive) penalties from other Palladium systems or Rifter articles. I am assuming that most GMs would announce those penalties and just figure them in the head rather than altering the sheet each time (unless it is something like not having the right tools to use a specific skill). There is one thing that will affect sheets when this first goes live.  The Totals will not be calculated until something gets changed on the sheet.  If you alter the Temporary bonus at the top and hit enter or click off that input field, then that will trigger a recalculation of all skill totals including the Mystic section (it doesn't alter those totals, but I left it as a trigger for the calculation).  If you don't do that, you will get a blank value for success in chat.  You can then change your Temporary bonus back to 0 (or whatever was there before) and use the sheet as normal.  This will be noted in the Documentation tab as well. If I don't find any problems, I will probably submit this tomorrow and it will go live on Tuesday if things go as normal.  Otherwise it will wait a week.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
For those that are using this sheet, the update is live. If you have a pro subscription, you can easily trigger this on all sheets in your game with ChatSetAttr.  If you don't have any temporary modifiers active on sheets in your game, you can simply set that modifier to 1, wait for it to finish, then set it back to 0 and wait for it to finish: !setattr --all --temp_skill|1 !setattr --all --temp_skill|0 If you do have some temporary modifiers active in game, you should be able to do a similar thing using the mod flag: !setattr --all --mod --temp_skill|1 !setattr --all --mod --temp_skill|-1