Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

FTP (or similar) access to art library

Score + 23
The art library is exceedingly hard to interact with any sort of efficiency. I've got duplicate files, files I don't use anymore, etc., and I just want to go in and clean it up - but the current interface makes that a nightmare.  Could we have an FTP site or something where we can go in and organize? As a bonus, it would make uploading from the PC that much easier.
this would be a great idea
That's a great idea! It would streamline things greatly.
Yeah, I've been on roll20 since 2013...my art collection is a bottomless pit of despair from which there is no escape...
+1
My regret is I do not have enough +1s to give. I am running a rather overboard campaign right now and uploaded 700 (yes, that's 700) tokens to Roll20.  Turned out I uploaded them in .webp and it's not supported, so I had to nuke all of them and start all over again.  Having to manually tag and delete that was insane.  Then on the reupload, merely sorting them into art folders is difficult as there doesn't appear to be a way to upload directly to an art folder.  I absolutely DREAD trying to clean up past campaigns (in particular if I want to back anything up). Now, I realize the above example is an extreme outlier, but even if you're a fairly standard GM with, say, 50-60 characters in the mix and a ton of map images, you're going to have a terrible time with this UI.  The same goes for music.  Really we need direct FTP access to our entire accounts, it would reduce setup time of a campaign (and subsequently backing up and saving said campaign) by a ton.
I'd love to see improvements to how we can access, sort and filter the art library.  But I'm going to guess they are stored in a content database and not in a file system that would make something like FTP possible.  It would probably have to be improvements to the web ui. Personally I think any or some of the following would greatly help with managing the library  Being able to multi select to move or tag assets on mass Being able to filter or sort by dimensions  Being able to filter or sort by file size Being able to filter or sort by upload date Being able to see items that are not used anywhere Being able to see what maps, tokens or handouts are using any given item