Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Unable to upload maps to Roll20

Currently having an issue where I am unable to upload a map either to the art library or directly to the tabletop. The map is a .jpg that is only about 650kb but it still gets stuck on the uploading bar and it never actually completes. Restarted API sandbox to make sure nothing was hanging up there. Have no problem dropping files currently in art library onto tabletop. Any help would be appreciated.
The only times I experience this problem is when I am trying to drag and drop an image file from a zip file directly down onto the virtual table in roll20(though it does finish and shows up in the library, it never drops).  Also I'm prepping a session right now and I too am experiencing some serious roll20 service lag, my maps are 6-9mb though so much larger but they are taking about 4x longer to upload than normal.  
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Paul, Since you are a Pro user, it is unlikely to be your storage quota, unless you are extremely graphic and maybe music heavy, but it's worth checking out on your account page. There used to be a bug where the system would not take jpg files that ended in the longer .jpeg suffix, but that was quashed long ago, AFAIK. Is it just that image, or any image? There might be corruption with the file (unlikely, but possible), and jou could try resaving it, perhaps in a png format, just to see if it uploads.
I converted the file to a .png and that seemed to take care of the problem. Not sure of the issue. The file was a .jpg and not .jpeg. Sizing shouldn't be a problem. Guess I'll just have to keep an eye on it. Thanks for the help.