Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LF2P][FREE] Shadowrun 4E (mostly), RAF GM, Mature content 18+ only, also looking for Players knowledgeable of SR lore......

Welcome Runner's Let's start this off with the simple rules:  1) must be 18+ years old, 2) There is NO discrimination, diversity is awesome, 3) this is a SciFi Fantasy game so NO real world political or religious discussions, 4) This is about roleplaying and teamwork and having fun. 5) We help each other not belittle one another.  6)  If you intend or have designs on monopolizing control of the game please don't apply . 7) If you have a problem you talk with me first and we work it out like adults. 8) Bigotry is FORBIDDEN. (NO using RP as an excuse for blatant bigotry.) Problem players will be asked to leave or be kicked.   ALSO IF YOU ARE A RULES LAWYER STOP HERE AND HAVE A NICE DAY, same goes for DM's who have a habit of pushing their format on other DMs. If you are a DM and truly want to play and not critique at every turn then  by all means  read on. Sorry if that seems harsh but I talk straight, to old to do otherwise. I am all about RP and fun not whether the rules say this or that, as long as we are having fun I'm chill. If you RP well not everything has to be rolled out. So in my campaign you will have an absurd amount of freedom in character creation. I am not a RAW or RAI DM I am more RAF GM. (For new players that's  R ules  A s  W ritten,  R ules  A s  I ntended and  R ules  A s  F un) I feed off character RP and interaction. My players unknowingly give me hooks and twists all the time. I come prepared for nothing to go as planned ever. The world is a living world and moves and progresses with you. If you pass up or miss information it is possible that event will be gone forever. The things you do have an impact, always, even though you may not see it for many sessions. I know this post probably isn't the norm but I'm not the norm and I want you to have a decent understanding of what it means to play in our group. A little about the GM..... So I started w D&D in very early 80's. I have always been a Fantasy / Sci Fi nut. So I bought SR 1st Edition when it first came out. I GM'd it for a while and loved it. Took a break from DMing, became a father, I came back a little over a year ago and started with D&D. I realized last year SR was actually still popular so dove in all over internet to get feedback on newer editions and checked them out myself. The depth and amount of lore out there for 4E is intense and amazing so I decided on that edition.  Here's a list of books books I have gathered and been reading so far.... Shadowrun 4e 20th Anniversary Edition * SR4E Street Magic * SR4E Runners Companion * 6th World Almanac *Seattle 2072 *The Way of the Samurai *Unwired *Rigger Black Book *Augmentation *Gun Haven *Shadowrun_Digital_Grimoire *Vice *Corporate Guide *Corporate Intrigue *Arsenal *Sprawl Survival Guide *Street Magic I always suggest using Chummer 4E to create your character first then transfer info over to character sheet on roll20. NOTE: If you use Chummer just check all books for reference material. What the group has and what it needs It has a Rigger(Elf), a Face/Gunrunner(Human) [and a StreetSam(Oni) who is on Hiatus for a cple months] The 3 players above are from my D&D group, one has been w/me for a year and the other two 4+mos. They are good people. What it needs: Decker/Infiltrator and a StreetSam minimum Character Creation Ok so you must create your character's story, backstory to present (in game) day lifestyle.. For me this the most important part. While you are doing that is when you should be considering your Contacts .  ( Co ntacts don't cost you anything in my campaign but your time and creative thought process.) I give my player's 450 BP's to start out with . NOTE: Race does not cost BP no more than two Humans in the group and we already have 1. I like diversity. 3 Contacts (see above) - 1 that is your best and most loyal, then the 2nd and 3rd are lower on the connection and loyalty scales but we discuss them and determine how they should be scaled based on Character story. I use 50 BP max for buying nuyen (250k nuyen) for Gear as a basis. In game Lifestyles - be creative I implore you. We are running in Seattle for the time bei'ng. So I would reference any Material on that for your current lifestyle. But in your backstory you can be from anywhere. I don't charge you in anyway for Lifestyles upfront they just have upkeep costs. Lifestyles are no joke to me as GM, they set the scene. You have option to have premade character if you want, but why would you want that? While making your character your are welcome to ask questions and discuss options and ideas w/me.  When you are finished on your end I will have read over your Back to Present story and I will help you finish up your character. "I know you are asking what does that mean?" It means we will tweak your character together, if they need it. As GM/DM I have found that normally people feel like they come up just short at end of character creation. That one skill, piece of Cyberware, that cool Gun and so on. That's where I say "ok go ahead and add this or you can have that", because it makes sense with your characters story and design.  No Application needed just respond however you see fit with what info you deem worthy. I will sift through responses and choose a cple at a time who will get discord invites to the "Chummers Den" (I know cheesy right). A cple of my guys have access to this server for you guys to chat with as well, here we will meet and talk and see how we mesh. Joining any of my campaigns is a multi step process, I see if we mesh, I see how you mesh with the others and if you get past that I see how it goes over first couple sessions. Please don't get your feelings hurt if I decide you don't fit at any point along the way, I'm not an arsehole I'm just old and have my ways, and my time is as precious to me as yours is to you. And like wise I will not get my feelings hurt if you decide you don't want to join at any point. Almost forgot the most important stuff...phew getting old is hell... . Sessions: are Every other Saturday 6pm CST to 10pm or later Next Session is February 19th Platforms: Roll20 (of course) and Discord for chat
I would love to play, I have previous Experience with 4e, not 100% like knowledgable about it but I know enough.  Last 4e game I played I was playing a Dwarf Street Sam