Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Pathfinder:Rise of the Runelords

IsItMyTurnYet
Marketplace Creator
Hey all, I picked up pathfinder: RotR anniversary edition and found a mostly new group to play with. Everyone had a load of fun and of course the very beginning kinda messed up recording, so the first vid or so is mainly combat(but interesting moments do happen). I recommend that any player that's currently doing this campaign, skip over this message. Here's a link to the playlist, for those who enjoy watching &amp; listening to other play RPGs <a href="https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3US5KzwHKkUKxdep3UX3T7xx0d5SPhWv" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3US5KzwHKkUKxdep3UX3T7xx0d5SPhWv</a> Also, just curious, how many of you have ran or played in this adventure path? I've read/saw the way others have ran the very early part and wish my audio for the players was picking up, so people could see how I ran the beginning(not that it was spectacular or anything). So how did your beginning go? A couple words of description and then goblins, Actually act out some of the festival games, etc?
I'm thinking about running this when I'm done with my current stuff. &nbsp;Thanks for the videos! &nbsp;The intro is pretty awesome, by the way. &nbsp;Can I ask what software you use? I actually had a list of good rules for festival games at one point. &nbsp;I'll have to see if I can find them again...
IsItMyTurnYet
Marketplace Creator
Thank ya! For the intro I'm just using after effects(no special plugins or anything complicated). As for the actual recording, I'm using FFSplit. It works out rather well(once you find a version that works decent on your PC.) Plus I use Soundbooth to "equalize" the audio, but I believe that can be performed in other audio applications as well. I made use of the roll-able tables for the festival. I used it to simulate a lizard race. I also had a bean bag toss game and strength competitions(carrying a heavy rock from one pedestal to another.) Basically let each of the PCs take part in a game and they interacted with/against each other in some of these games. Which is useful, because the PCs aren't a group yet or anything, just strangers at this point. I definitely recommend running this AP, I left a couple clips in(instead of editing them out) the videos during "break time" that state the players really liking it so far. Just so anyone watching might be persuaded to run this AP, haha.
I've run Rise of the Runelords twice now. I wrote out the speeches in the beginning of the festival, then set the PCs loose among such fair games as the Goblin Toss, Hunt the Devil, Smash the Lighthouse, Dragon races, etc. I also had NPCs mentioned in the town descriptions and a few of my own creation out playing the games along with them, to get them more invested in Sandpoint itself.&nbsp;
IsItMyTurnYet
Marketplace Creator
@Kateri I kinda ad-libbed the speeches, nothing grand though-such as your thought out speeches. also put in a couple of NPCs that they interacted with, but wasn't really thought out much. They still seemed to enjoy it though. You've run it twice? Did you make it all the way through the AP or find a stopping point earlier on?