Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Turn order bug

Edited 1644406493
Yo, you guys changed the turn order very specifically so that you could change pages and it would maintain functionality.  Guess what?  It doesn't really help us at all.  We need the yellow box.  Copying the tokens to the new page does not carry over the yellow box hover over feature of the turn order.  A DM will still have no clue which duplicate creatures turn it is.  I was able to work around this by putting color status markers on the tokens and then going back and forth between the pages.  
The only thing I can think of to make cross page initiative trackers work for a Dm with multiple tokens per sheet is to give tokenmod a key that lets us select a token and assign it to the current highlighted turn to override who owns the turn on the new page.  
The turn tracker tracks tokens.  Not characters. This is good when you want your 8 skeletons to each have their own token and a separate spot in initiative but to all share the same character sheet. This is less good when you’re moving your battle between maps (which you may have to do often because the map sizes that keep it from getting laggy are pretty small).  Or when you have someone polymorph and you accidentally drop them out of initiative when you swap out their token. Not sure theres any great solution.
Sean G. said: The turn tracker tracks tokens.  Not characters. This is good when you want your 8 skeletons to each have their own token and a separate spot in initiative but to all share the same character sheet. This is less good when you’re moving your battle between maps (which you may have to do often because the map sizes that keep it from getting laggy are pretty small).  Or when you have someone polymorph and you accidentally drop them out of initiative when you swap out their token. Not sure theres any great solution. They just reworked the turn tracker to carry over from page to page but the lack of a token highlight on the newer pages makes the whole revamp pointless.  The only solution is to put a unique statusmarker on all duplicated tokens.  I think theres a script just for this actually, can't remember its name, I'm sure its a The Aaron script.  
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Just to clarify: The tokens carrying over from page to page hasn't changed quite that way. The only thing that has changed is the players can see the turn order for tokens not on that page. GMs continue to see all tokens, and the original tokens that rolled initiative are still highlighted. If you go back to the page those tokens are on, they will still highlight. A token that is copied from one page and pasted on another gets a new token_id, same as before and would have a different initiative if they were to roll it. So basically, players can now see initiative of tokens on other pages, like the GM can. The yellow highlighting hasn't changed. It still refers only to the token that rolled the initiative, not a copy of that token or a different token that represents the same character. I have a feeling this was an unintended consequence of a different change, which was to improve page loading.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
DM Eddie said:  I think theres a script just for this actually, can't remember its name, I'm sure its a The Aaron script.   TokenNameNumber, yeah, it's one of mine. =D