Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Priority Voice Chat for GMs

Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
I used to use Mumble when I played WoW. The thing I loved about Mumble was that I could assign priority speaker to anybody, and when that person talked it would reduce the volume of everyone else who was currently talking. For Roll20, I would imagine a GM would be able to check a box in the game settings to always give himself priority speaker, or right click a user and select priority speaker from the menu there. Sometimes players can go off topic and the GM would like to proceed with the game. Simply allowing the GM's voice to be heard over everyone else's would help the game progress without having to ask everyone to quiet down. I know Roll20 doesn't handle its own voice chat service, but if this was somehow possible, it'd be an awesome addition.
Gold
Forum Champion
I think this sounds like a really great feature idea and [ Gold continues talking but you just hear what Sam said +1 ]
+1
Love the idea. One of those that you don't realize you need until you hear about it.

Edited 1407347778
I like the idea.
+1
Nick S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Translator
Excellent idea. +1
Rog
Marketplace Creator
+1
+1
+1
Sounds like a great option to me.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
+1
Actually using Mumble instead of the roll20 chat system gives you the priority mike but also gives you proper whispering to individual players as well as any number of side-"rooms" for splitting the group into ... until the point that the roll20 system can compete with that, using Mumble straight off is a lot more practical. . Griatch
+1
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Griatch said: until the point that the roll20 system can compete with that, using Mumble straight off is a lot more practical. Aside from it being one more layer of software to coax players through learning to use and one more possible point of failure to troubleshoot :>
+1
+1