Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Nesting macro's not usable by players but working for GM

Hello. I attempted to create some nesting macro's to neaten up the token buttons. What I came up with works perfectly for me (the DM). When my players attempt to use these all it produces is text.   For example I have a macro created for this character to attack using his dagger: @{Warbar Weaverbottom|wtype}&{template:atkdmg} {{mod=+6}} {{rname=Dagger}} {{r1=[[@{Warbar Weaverbottom|d20}cs>20 + 3[DEX] + 3[PROF]]]}} @{Warbar Weaverbottom|rtype}cs>20 + 3[DEX] + 3[PROF]]]}} {{attack=1}} {{range=20/60}} {{damage=1}} {{dmg1flag=1}} {{dmg1=[[1d4 + 3[DEX] + 2[MOD]]]}} {{dmg1type=Piercing}} 0 {{dmg2=[[0]]}} {{dmg2type=}} {{crit1=[[1d4[CRIT]]]}} {{crit2=[[6[CRIT]]]}} 0 {{desc=}}   {{spelllevel=}} {{innate=}} {{globalattack=@{Warbar Weaverbottom|global_attack_mod}}} {{globaldamage=[[4d6[Sneak Attack]]]}} {{globaldamagecrit=[[[[ceil((@{Warbar Weaverbottom|base_level})/2) ]]d6[Sneak Attack]]]}} {{globaldamagetype=@{Warbar Weaverbottom|global_damage_mod_type}}} ammo= @{Warbar Weaverbottom|charname_output} I then created the nesting macros under abilities and attributes: /w gm &{template:default} {{name=Warbar Weaverbottom Attacks}}{{=[Hand Crossbow](! #warbarhandcrossbow)[Dagger](! #warbardagger)[Longsword +1](! #warbarmagicsword)[Unarmed Strike](! #warbarunarmed)}} When he clicks on one of the options all it does is place #warbardagger (or name of whichever macro) in the chat. When I use this as the DM it works perfectly.  What am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
If you open up one of the macros in your collections tab and scroll down, do the players have permission to use the macro?
Wow do I feel stupid and yet totally relieved...lol. Yes that was the problem. Simple fix! Thank you so much!!! 
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
It is always nice to run into something with a  simple solution now and then!