Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How to join as a player

Hiya! I'm trying to get the hang of dynamic lighting and I was wondering how I go about joining the game as a player? Do I need to create a whole new account? Or is there a way to see what the players see?

Edited 1407419503
There sure is! If you head to the settings tab on the right hand sidebar (look for the gear icon) in your campaign, down at the bottom you'll find a "rejoin as player" button. Note: For dynamic lighting, make sure you assign yourself some tokens to control and see light if you are using the line of sight options or all you will see is black.
Wow. :) Thank you so much. Looks like I screwed up my dynamic lighting. Ugh, haha. The entire screen is black.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
You can also select a token and hit ctrl-L (cmd-L Mac) to see what they see without becoming a player. (Select something else to go back to DM view. Note: this may not work right if the token isn't set to "has sight".
Awesome, thanks, Aaron. Currently, my problem right now is the actual dynamic lighting. Does this mean I didn't completely connect a polygon? The entire map is black. :[
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Do you have a light source? Also, if you have Enforce Line of Sight checked, you MUST check Has Sight on the token.
The Has Sight was the problem. However, the entire map is still blacked out even though I didn't put polygons around the entire map. Is there any way you can come into my game and see if everything's OK?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Sure, just PM me a join link and GM me after I join and I'll look at it. =D
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Kuriin: this thread has some ideas about how to use dynamic lights for various moods: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1027273/dynamic-lighting-in-daytime-map#post-1031731" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1027273/dynamic-lighting-in-daytime-map#post-1031731</a>