Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Possible Issue with Pathfinder 1st Ed Roll20 Sheet.

Am I mis-reading or mis-using the sheet, or is there an error?  The situation: PCs with Shock bows are seeing the values of modifiers added to the "Damage 2" entry as well as the main "Damage" entry.  One PC simply has a +1 enhancement. The other has the same +1 enhancement as well as a +4 Favored Enemy bonus. When rolling damage, the result should be:   [base arrow damage] + [bonuses]  + electricity [Damage 2] What the rolls are showing, however is: [base arrow damage] + [bonuses] + electricity [Damage 2] + [same number as bonuses] My expectation is that "Damage 2" is for bonus dice-only damage, such as Sneak Attack damage or, as in these cases, bonus energy damage dice that do not get multiplied for critical hits. Is this assumption incorrect? Am I mis-reading the use of the Damage 2 field? Or is this something that has been noted before?
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
I've only used damage 2 for things like multishot, where you actually have 2 damage rolls where everything applies to both.&nbsp; As far as I know, it has always been this way, but I have to admit that while I have used this sheet for 3+ years, most of that time was in a game where the characters lagged far behind in WBL, so didn't have the opportunity to be dealing with many things like this.&nbsp; As far as sneak damage goes, we always put it in the notes or description section, or put a chat menu button there to roll the precision damage when it applied.&nbsp; Another post related to this sort of thing can be found here:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10723208/pathfinder-by-roll20-sheet-buff-issues/?pageforid=10723208#post-10723208" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10723208/pathfinder-by-roll20-sheet-buff-issues/?pageforid=10723208#post-10723208</a>
Sneak Attack is probably a bad example as it is situational. The bonus damage dice, though, would come up more often (the Vital Strike feat chain, for example, as well as the bonus dice for Shocking, Flaming, Corrosive, and Frost enhancements). It sounds like, then, Kraynic, at least in your case, you rarely encountered it and used the sheet differently anyway. Thanks for the response.&nbsp;
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Vital strike would be pretty simple.&nbsp; You would likely make a different attack roll for it anyway, since it only allows a single attack, and just increase whatever the dice calculation is in the damage field to get your double (triple, quadruple) amount.
I appreciate the suggestion, but that is not my point. I am trying to find out whether my expectations of how the entries work is correct, or if the sheet is not implemented as it seems it is intended to be used (or is not working as intended). We have work-arounds already.&nbsp;
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Mark G. said: We have work-arounds already.&nbsp; Ok, I won't respond other than this:&nbsp; creating another attack for vital strike isn't a work-around.&nbsp; That is the point of being able to change the attack type from Melee to BAB Max. As far as damage buffs affecting damage 2, if you don't get an official answer here, you might consider submitting a ticket through the Help Center.
Kraynic said: Mark G. said: We have work-arounds already.&nbsp; Ok, I won't respond other than this:&nbsp; creating another attack for vital strike isn't a work-around.&nbsp; That is the point of being able to change the attack type from Melee to BAB Max. Thanks. That actually points out something we've been neglecting. And configuring Vital Strike that way (Max BAB instead of Melee) seems to roll the bonus dice of damage correctly. That makes me think the issue is that we are not using the entries correctly.&nbsp;