Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5e "Must Have" Macros, APIs, addons, etc.

I don't know anything about macros or coding and I don't even know what an API is :-) But I watched a YouTube video and I CERTAINLY want to get in on the macro action. Where can I find a list of scripts that would be helpful? Particularly for things like initiative? I have a disability and some things that other people can do easily I really can't do physically. Where can I find the recommended macros of Keith Curtis'? Thanks
If someone could just tell me the actual scripts for saving throws macros, that would be INCREDIBLY helpful. I DM and anything I can do via quick mouseclick would be incredibly helpful. I'm a quadriplegic and I basically can't interact with the keyboard well at all. When DMing I need to do as much as possible by mouse – and as efficiently as possible. Thank you
Lord Dungeonmeer said: I don't know anything about macros or coding and I don't even know what an API is :-) But I watched a YouTube video and I CERTAINLY want to get in on the macro action. Where can I find a list of scripts that would be helpful? Particularly for things like initiative? I have a disability and some things that other people can do easily I really can't do physically. Lord Dungeonmeer said: If someone could just tell me the actual scripts for saving throws macros, that would be INCREDIBLY helpful. First just a couple clarifying points: A macro is just a piece of chat text that has been linked to a button. It can be something as simple as 'Hi Everybody!' or something complex like an attack roll inside a template that references character sheet attributes, or it can use an API command to call a script. An API&nbsp; script is a piece of code that will interact with the game after receiving a command.&nbsp; API scripts are only available to Roll20 Pro Subscribers. API commands always start with an exclamation point, because that is what tells Roll20 to send the command to the API server instead of trying to process the command normally. So I think a better question is, what actions do you find yourself struggling with and are hoping to find a different/easier solution for?&nbsp; You mentioned Saving Throws, so I can provide you a link to a couple options for D&amp;D 5th Edition using the 'D&amp;D 5E by Roll20' character sheet template. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7474530/script-call-for-testers-universal-chat-menus/?pageforid=7509710#post-7509710" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7474530/script-call-for-testers-universal-chat-menus/?pageforid=7509710#post-7509710</a> <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9971626/universal-npc-statblock-abilities-and-spells-chat-menus-for-d-and-d-5e-sheet-no-api-or-stylus-required/?pageforid=10115672#post-10115672" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9971626/universal-npc-statblock-abilities-and-spells-chat-menus-for-d-and-d-5e-sheet-no-api-or-stylus-required/?pageforid=10115672#post-10115672</a> The second link is in my post for an NPC Statblock Macro that doesn't require a Pro subscription, which may be helpful for you as GM (if you're playing D&amp;D 5th Edition) Also, if you're ever requesting anything, it's always very helpful to include: 1. What game you are playing 2. Which character sheet template you are using 3. (If you're asking for help with a specific macro) The full macro that you are using and where the macro is located, or which button you are clicking on (Copying and pasting the full macro is helpful also) 4. Screenshots can be helpful along with pasting code
Okay, thanks very much for the clarification. API scripts are what I’m interested in, then. 1. I’m playing D&amp;D 5E 2. I don’t know what type of character sheet I could say I’m using. I play on a server and they gave me the room. But for characters the sheet looks like this: For NPC/monsters, the sheet looks like this: &nbsp; &nbsp; 3. After watching a couple of videos, I currently have good scripts (for NPCs) for rolling initiative and showing damage resistance/immunities. What would REALLY help would be an API script for each type of saving throw. I would also like an API script that would bring up the monster stat block in the chat. Just those 2 things would be INCREDIBLY helpful to me. Being able to do monster saving throws without having to open the monster sheet would really speed things up. If people have suggestions for any other really helpful API scripts, I’m all ears. I have DMed for a while (on tabletops) and I am kind of building from the ground up with roll20. So I don’t mind adding slowly as I go here. Remember that I can’t use my hands because of a disability. I’m also typically in discord while DMing. I am able to interact with the mouse independently but anything involving keyboard strokes slows me down and would be undesirable. Thanks in advance. &nbsp;
@Jarren&nbsp; To clarify, I want these as token actions so I can click on the token, click on the macro bar, and have the result I want. There is something on the page you linked that solves the problem beautifully by displaying the monster stat block in the chat, WHILE giving options to choose saving throws or abilities from that displayed stat block. That's amazing and I would love that. But it only works from the token in the "test macro" stage. Once I save it and go out of there, it doesn't work.
So I think a better question is, what actions do you find yourself struggling with and are hoping to find a different/easier solution for?&nbsp; You mentioned Saving Throws, so I can provide you a link to a couple options for D&amp;D 5th Edition using the 'D&amp;D 5E by Roll20' character sheet template. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7474530/script-call-for-testers-universal-chat-menus/?pageforid=7509710#post-7509710" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7474530/script-call-for-testers-universal-chat-menus/?pageforid=7509710#post-7509710</a> <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9971626/universal-npc-statblock-abilities-and-spells-chat-menus-for-d-and-d-5e-sheet-no-api-or-stylus-required/?pageforid=10115672#post-10115672" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9971626/universal-npc-statblock-abilities-and-spells-chat-menus-for-d-and-d-5e-sheet-no-api-or-stylus-required/?pageforid=10115672#post-10115672</a> The second link is in my post for an NPC Statblock Macro that doesn't require a Pro subscription, which may be helpful for you as GM (if you're playing D&amp;D 5th Edition) I followed this and it worked AMAZINGLY well. Thank you so much :-) I'm happy :-)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Lord Dungeonmeer said: @Jarren&nbsp; To clarify, I want these as token actions so I can click on the token, click on the macro bar, and have the result I want. I would suggest Token Action Maker, available from one click install. It does exactly this.

Edited 1646238678
keithcurtis said: Lord Dungeonmeer said: @Jarren&nbsp; To clarify, I want these as token actions so I can click on the token, click on the macro bar, and have the result I want. I would suggest Token Action Maker, available from one click install. It does exactly this. What is one click install? Thank you

Edited 1646239443
Edit: It looks like it took me quite a while to write this response and you may have solved your issue already! :)&nbsp; Lord Dungeonmeer &nbsp;said: 2. I don’t know what type of character sheet I could say I’m using. I play on a server and they gave me the room.&nbsp; I can confirm that is the 'D&amp;D 5E by Roll20' character sheet template. :)&nbsp; As a promoted Co-DM, you don't have access to the Game Settings page unfortunately, so you wouldn't be able to see or confirm or change that. Only the game creator has that access. However, you should confirm that the game creator does have a Pro subscription (not a Plus subscription like you have).&nbsp; On the main game page, you should see an 'API Scripts' button on the Settings dropdown menu: (What it looks like as a Promoted Co-DM) (Versus what it looks like as a Game Creator) If you don't see that API Scripts link, then there's no reason to get into a long discussion about which scripts would be useful, as API scripts won't be available to be used. :/ But assuming the game creator does have a Pro subscription and has some scripts loaded, it would also be helpful to know which ones are currently available/loaded for your game.&nbsp; You could post a screenshot, or cut-and-paste the list from the API Scripts page. In this test game I have the following scripts: TokenAction, UniversalChatMenu, NumberNPCs, Supernotes, GroupInitiative, GroupCheck, TokenNameNumber, TokenMarker, Bump, ApplyDamage, SimpleInitiative, SpellTurnTrackerEffects, TokenLock, Torch, APIHeartBeat, MapLock, Message of the Day, ChatSetAttr, PingPullPlayers, AnnounceHello, Aura/Tint HealthColors, NoArchive, Darkness, CenterAlignSmallTokens, APIStartup, AddGMNote, TokenNameSwap, SetCharName, CharUtils, TokenMod, UpdateRange, ResizePage, Vector Math, MatrixMath, Path Math, Door Knocker, emas, Calendar, RecursiveTable, MapChange, MarkTurnStartLocation, TokenCondition, splitArgs, FlyMore, TableExport, TokenMod2, MaxHP, MonsterHitDice, BlindRoll, BRoll, TokenImage, CharPic, APIRunning, APIHeartbeatUpdate, Ammo Yeah, that's a lot and way more than you probably have and way more than anyone needs... because this is my current test game that I try things out in and I don't usually bother to delete things after I'm done testing. :)&nbsp; Depending on your needs and desires you may only have a few. Lord Dungeonmeer said: 3. After watching a couple of videos, I currently have good scripts (for NPCs) for rolling initiative and showing damage resistance/immunities. What would REALLY help would be an API script for each type of saving throw. I would also like an API script that would bring up the monster stat block in the chat. Just those 2 things would be INCREDIBLY helpful to me. Being able to do monster saving throws without having to open the monster sheet would really speed things up. If people have suggestions for any other really helpful API scripts, I’m all ears. I have DMed for a while (on tabletops) and I am kind of building from the ground up with roll20. So I don’t mind adding slowly as I go here. Remember that I can’t use my hands because of a disability. I’m also typically in discord while DMing. I am able to interact with the mouse independently but anything involving keyboard strokes slows me down and would be undesirable. To clarify, I want these as token actions so I can click on the token, click on the macro bar, and have the result I want. There is something on the page you linked that solves the problem beautifully by displaying the monster stat block in the chat, WHILE giving options to choose saving throws or abilities from that displayed stat block. That's amazing and I would love that. But it only works from the token in the "test macro" stage. Once I save it and go out of there, it doesn't work. You shouldn't need an API script to have a one-click saving throw macro.&nbsp; The 'D&amp;D 5E by Roll20' character sheet template already has that functionality built-in, which you can see because if you open the character sheet you can click on a button and it rolls a saving throw.&nbsp; So all you need is a way to create a button that does that same thing without actually opening the character sheet, which is luckily totally possible (without any API scripts). For example, you could click on the Strength button to make a Strength roll, or you can type into chat: "%{selected|strength}" which will do the exact same thing.&nbsp; A Strength Saving Throw is "%{selected|strength_save}". Here's the wiki on the 'D&amp;D 5E by Roll20' sheet Roll Buttons and Roll Templates . So that means you just need a way to put those into a macro.&nbsp; There are basically two options: either a drop down query , or a Chat Menu . A drop down query has the downside of having to follow the&nbsp; Roll20 Order of Operations .&nbsp; If you include an Ability command (starting with a %) or an Attribute call (starting with @) or a macro reference (starting with #) then those will be expanded before &nbsp;they get put into the query, which almost always breaks the query, unless you rewrite problematic characters with html replacements. So a much simpler/easier approach is to use a chat menu, because those commands/references don't &nbsp;get expanded until they are clicked on. The downside is it can fill up your chat window. The last thing to understand is where to put the macros to make them accessible. A macro can either be stored in the Collections tab, or on a character sheet.&nbsp; If it is stored on the Collections tab, it is 'universally accessible' to all characters, and there are issues with using html replacements.&nbsp; If it is stored on a Character Sheet, then it is only accessible to that specific character, but there are workarounds to that as well. So for the 'D&amp;D 5E by Roll20' character sheet template, if you want a chat menu for Saving Throws the link I posted above ( and here it is again ) will do that. There's some setup required, but it should only require cutting and pasting. Make sure to read through the setup instructions a couple times. You say that once you save it that it doesn't work anymore, which suggests that there's something wrong with how it got set up or is being called. I'm happy to help troubleshoot if you give me some more specifics about what exactly you're doing and what is happening (or not happening). :)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Assuming you have access to the API, although your tag indicates a Plus user: Here is an orientation on installing API scripts -&nbsp; How to Install Roll20 API Scripts
@Jarren I’m looking for stuff I can do as a DM – not as a player – so I’m talking about NPC “character sheets.” I want to avoid having to open the character sheet as often as possible. I can only click, and clicking on the monster token, then keeping that rectangle on the screen, double-clicking it to open, then clicking on the right thing in it, then double-clicking it to minimize, is a little time-consuming. I want to be able to just click on the monster token and then click on a save, or an attack (I have just begun looking at the Token Action Maker) from a button that appears on that gray bar on the top left (next to the select/move menu). I installed the Abilities macro (if I’m using the right language), which is INCREDIBLY helpful. But I do still have to click on “abilities” first. I would like for the gray bar to include a button for each of the 6 potential saves so that I can just click on a token, and then click on the save. Thanks for your help.
keithcurtis said: Lord Dungeonmeer said: @Jarren&nbsp; To clarify, I want these as token actions so I can click on the token, click on the macro bar, and have the result I want. I would suggest Token Action Maker, available from one click install. It does exactly this. I just looked into it last night and it looks promising. Do I have to run that macro on every token INDIVIDUALLY to get the attack and spell buttons up, for example? Is there no way to make this global?
keithcurtis said: Lord Dungeonmeer said: @Jarren&nbsp; To clarify, I want these as token actions so I can click on the token, click on the macro bar, and have the result I want. I would suggest Token Action Maker, available from one click install. It does exactly this. Okay, I have created a macro (I guess) called "create attacks &amp; spells." I'm using the script listed from the token action maker – "!ta attacks spells." I have NOT put that in the macro bar. How do I run this macro after clicking on a token? Do I HAVE to put it in the macro bar? That seems like it would begin to take up a lot of space. And I will probably want to do this for other things, like bonus actions and reactions, options for which are listed in the Token Action Maker instructions. Thank you.

Edited 1646376719
Lord Dungeonmeer said: How do I run this macro after clicking on a token? Do I HAVE to put it in the macro bar? That seems like it would begin to take up a lot of space. I would suggest you take a look at using the&nbsp; Stylus Extension , specifically: More Compact Macro Bar More Compact Token Action Toolbar Another great suggestion is&nbsp; using Emojis in Macro Buttons . [Without Stylus] [With Stylus]
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Lord Dungeonmeer said: Do I have to run that macro on every token INDIVIDUALLY to get the attack and spell buttons up, for example? Is there no way to make this global? You can grab any number of tokens and issue the command once. It will process each token in turn. If you have an extremely large number of character sheets represented (i.e. hundreds on a page, as can be found on the Token Page of some Marketplace modules), I'd suggest doing it in large batches, of say 30-40 each. Also, remember that token actions are actually resident on the character, not the token. So if you have forty goblins on a page, but they all represent the same goblin sheet, you only have to process one of them. All tokens representing that sheet will have the actions. The inability to run it across an entire campaign is intentional. There are many sheets that need no token actions (such as a&nbsp; Macro Character Sheet ), and it could lead to unexpected consequences. As for putting each save on its own button, I wouldn't want to do that either. It would make the button bar unreasonably large, which is a problem it sounds like you'd also like to avoid. However, remember that the drop down dialog that pops up after clicking the save button is keyboard sensitive. If you need a dex save, you can click the button, type "d" and return. Finally, if automating saves is important, I'd like to second the recommendations above for Group Check (One Click) with&nbsp; Apply Damage .
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
autoButtons is a new API by Oosh, which can streamline combat damage &amp; heal management. By default it work with D&amp;D 5E by Roll20 - sheet, but can be customized to work with others. autoButtons sourcecode(install) (Script) autoButtons -forum thread for Full info
The character creator needs a MAJOR overhaul it looks like and behaves like its from 2002. Doesn't offer any updated classes at all without purchase of the ENTIRE book. Why? Not to mention the major lack of assistance for new players. Its intimidating and off putting in comparison to something like DNDBeyond.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Ill-Sea! This thread is about "5e "Must Have" Macros, APIs, addons, etc.", so it might be better to start a new thread than derailing this one. In any case, DNDBeyond is a different product with different requirements and capabilities. It is at its heart a database tool. It sucks for instance at moving tokens around on a virtual tabletop or making a Pathfinder character. :D
This may have been asked before.&nbsp; I have been using the old Dynamic Lighting engine because the "Torch" API addon by The Aaron is just so handy for setting up sight and light emission changes as a button. I have a button that sets up darkvision, lowlight vision (x2 multiplier), torch, lantern, lamp, hooded lantern, etc.&nbsp; I've resisted moving to the new Dynamic Lighting system if only because I can't want to find a replacement for this API. But, it's beginning to show its age with a few bugs I know won't be addressed, and the one-way feature added recently to the new Dynamic Lighting system has me wanting to use it. Is there any API script that can do to the new Dynamic Lighting system what Torch does for the old one?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Token-mod does everything but the "flicker" effect as far as I know. There are some macros floating around that offer you one-click automation. Some use drop down menus, some use a&nbsp; Chat Menu . Which do you prefer?

Edited 1650999876
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Here is a post with a chat menu . Here is a post with a couple of drop down queries . Note that there is a long-standing bug that the API does not properly set directional lighting (ex. bullseye lantern) unless the token is physically opened and closed.
Ah perfect. Thanks Keith. I'll end up using both of those.&nbsp;
Good tips.
I've been using APIs for a while now and I've only added in APIs that I've seen as neccessary or useful to smooth over some of the clunky elements of online gameplay. Here's the list of APIs i currently use.

Edited 1657835591
Andreas J. said: autoButtons is a new API by Oosh, which can streamline combat damage &amp; heal management. By default it work with D&amp;D 5E by Roll20 - sheet, but can be customized to work with others. fantasy tabletop miniature game &nbsp;(install) (Script) autoButtons -forum thread for Full info This is just like when we played DnD back in the day The character creator needs a MAJOR overhaul it looks like and behaves like its from 2002. Doesn't offer any updated classes at all without purchase of the ENTIRE book. Why? Not to mention the major lack of assistance for new players. Its intimidating and off putting in comparison to something like DNDBeyond.&nbsp;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
To be fair, DnDBeyond does only D&amp;D. It's far easier to optimize for a single system (especially one which began with deep ties to the system and now has full integration with the content provider). Roll20 is at heart, system agnostic, and all systems must accommodate that. It's like asking "Why can't DnDBeyond handle Call of Cthulhu characters as well as Roll20?"
I'm not good with this type of computer stuff. How do I easily download an API and where can I find the Token Action Maker API? Also, do I have to have a Pro account for this? Currently I'm PLUS
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
This wiki page describes how to install api scripts (new term is "mods" but you will see both terms used interchangeably). There are two ways: manual and 1-click install. Token Action Maker is available for 1-click install. Yes, the owner of the game must have a Pro account in order to install scripts.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Lord Dungeonmeer! If you prefer to watch rather than to read here is an excellent introductory video: How to Install Roll20 API Scripts
Ralph
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Lord Dungeonmeer said: I'm not good with this type of computer stuff. How do I easily download an API and where can I find the Token Action Maker API? Also, do I have to have a Pro account for this? Currently I'm PLUS For APIs you need a Pro account.

Edited 1661572106
World Map Travel Macro.&nbsp; !?{Pace|Slow,2|Normal,3|Fast/Draft Horse,4|Riding/War Horse, 6|Phantom Steed,10} !?{Miles} &amp;{template:traits}{{name=Travel Time}}{{description=Traveling **?{Miles}** miles at **?{Pace|Slow,2|Normal,3|Fast/Draft Horse,4|Riding/War Horse, 6|Phantom Steed,10}** miles per hour, takes [[floor(?{Miles}/(?{Pace|Slow,2|Normal,3|Fast/Draft Horse,4|Riding/War Horse, 6|Phantom Steed,10}*8))]]Days and [[?{Miles}/?{Pace|Slow,2|Normal,3|Fast/Draft Horse,4|Riding/War Horse, 6|Phantom Steed,10}%8]]Hours}} Not sure it someone else has already done this somewhere, but useful for calculating the travel time between places on a map in miles. It does round to the nearest 15mins(0.25). Following the normal travel pace options along with some mount options.
I don't believe the calculations are correct for the Phantom Steed, and possibly the others.&nbsp; According to the PHB: The phantom steed can go 10 miles in an hour, or 13 miles at a face pace. You can also go at a face pace or slow pace on a draft horse or riding horse which throws off your calculations. PsychePath said: World Map Travel Macro.&nbsp; !?{Pace|Slow,2|Normal,3|Fast/Draft Horse,4|Riding/War Horse, 6|Phantom Steed,10} !?{Miles} &amp;{template:traits}{{name=Travel Time}}{{description=Traveling **?{Miles}** miles at **?{Pace|Slow,2|Normal,3|Fast/Draft Horse,4|Riding/War Horse, 6|Phantom Steed,10}** miles per hour, takes [[floor(?{Miles}/(?{Pace|Slow,2|Normal,3|Fast/Draft Horse,4|Riding/War Horse, 6|Phantom Steed,10}*8))]]Days and [[?{Miles}/?{Pace|Slow,2|Normal,3|Fast/Draft Horse,4|Riding/War Horse, 6|Phantom Steed,10}%8]]Hours}} Not sure it someone else has already done this somewhere, but useful for calculating the travel time between places on a map in miles. It does round to the nearest 15mins(0.25). Following the normal travel pace options along with some mount options.
PsychePath said: World Map Travel Macro.&nbsp; !?{Pace|Slow,2|Normal,3|Fast/Draft Horse,4|Riding/War Horse, 6|Phantom Steed,10} !?{Miles} &amp;{template:traits}{{name=Travel Time}}{{description=Traveling **?{Miles}** miles at **?{Pace|Slow,2|Normal,3|Fast/Draft Horse,4|Riding/War Horse, 6|Phantom Steed,10}** miles per hour, takes [[floor(?{Miles}/(?{Pace|Slow,2|Normal,3|Fast/Draft Horse,4|Riding/War Horse, 6|Phantom Steed,10}*8))]]Days and [[?{Miles}/?{Pace|Slow,2|Normal,3|Fast/Draft Horse,4|Riding/War Horse, 6|Phantom Steed,10}%8]]Hours}} Not sure it someone else has already done this somewhere, but useful for calculating the travel time between places on a map in miles. It does round to the nearest 15mins(0.25). Following the normal travel pace options along with some mount options. Nice! Just an FYI that any time you reuse a query within the same command, there is no need to reproduce the inputs and outputs after the first time it is referenced, because only the first instance is used. So your query can be shortened quite a bit to this: !?{Pace|Slow,2|Normal,3|Fast/Draft Horse,4|Riding/War Horse, 6|Phantom Steed,10} !?{Miles} &amp;{template:traits}{{name=Travel Time}}{{description=Traveling **?{Miles}** miles at **?{Pace}** miles per hour, takes [[floor(?{Miles}/(?{Pace}*8))]]Days and [[?{Miles}/?{Pace}%8]]Hours}}

Edited 1663623451
Saul J. said: I don't believe the calculations are correct for the Phantom Steed, and possibly the others.&nbsp; According to the PHB: The phantom steed can go 10 miles in an hour, or 13 miles at a face pace. You can also go at a face pace or slow pace on a draft horse or riding horse which throws off your calculations. The math is off because travel pace doesn't follow its own rules. Slow pace for example is 2 miles an hour over the course of 8 hours, which basic math tells us is 16 (2x8) yet the daily slow travel pace is 18 miles a day. So Slow pace will always be off. In the same way Fast pace is 32 (4x8) miles a day, yet they say you can only move 30 miles a day, this time shortening it. I prefer to follow the miles per hour over the miles per day. If you wish to add Fast Phantom Steed, you can simply. If Phantom Steed followed the Travel pace rules, moving at a fast pace, it would move at 13.33 miles an hour, but easier to round I guess. !?{Pace|Slow,2|Normal,3|Fast/Draft Horse,4|Riding/War Horse, 6|Phantom Steed,10|Fast Phantom Steed,13} If you wish to avoid absolute&nbsp;numbers, and you are fine with loosing up to 30mins of travel time. You can use the round() function near the end for the hours.&nbsp; [[round(?{Miles}/?{Pace}%8)]]Hours
Jarren said: Nice! Just an FYI that any time you reuse a query within the same command, there is no need to reproduce the inputs and outputs after the first time it is referenced, because only the first instance is used. So your query can be shortened quite a bit to this: !?{Pace|Slow,2|Normal,3|Fast/Draft Horse,4|Riding/War Horse, 6|Phantom Steed,10} !?{Miles} &amp;{template:traits}{{name=Travel Time}}{{description=Traveling **?{Miles}** miles at **?{Pace}** miles per hour, takes [[floor(?{Miles}/(?{Pace}*8))]]Days and [[?{Miles}/?{Pace}%8]]Hours}} I was not aware of this. Thank you very much for the cleaner version and the intel.&nbsp;
Hey guys, thanks. I installed the Token Action Maker and I'm happy :-)
I'm approaching 2000 hrs in Roll20, currently running 19 apis, and I can now say my definitive must-haves are: CombatMaster - chef's kiss for tracking spell durations, initiative, etc. Token Action Maker - I love having stuff on the macro bar. As a GM, it's too much of a pain to have a bunch of NPC sheets on the screen. As a player, it's just convenient. Not must-haves but pretty darn close: ChatSetAttr - makes it easy to modify macros to update character sheets for improved automation TokenMod - much niftiness for manipulating tokens, such as lighting WeatherFlower - semi-random weather generator that makes sense to me Macros that I use all the time: Abilities that use up class resources: With ChatSetAttr resource consumption can be automated, ex: %{-MtFwkFBzqqifr4IOclM|repeating_traits_-MtGGAQJtfzoQbA7O9v5_output} !setattr --sel --mod --class_resource|-1 Lighting Controls: I think this is one of... Keith's? A chatmenu for adjusting a token's light settings. Say for when they ignite or extinguish a torch Downtime Actions: These got into some annoying if statements so required APILogic and adding custom attributes to the character sheets, but it's pretty great in a big West Marches campaign to resolve most downtime actions with a couple clicks. Scene Controls: Big fan of using chat menus to post images and text to the chat, manage audio with Roll20 Audio Master, move tokens from layers with TokenMod, etc.