Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Failure to Capture Default Modified Keypress Action when moving Grouped Graphics

Edited 1646312743
Pat
Pro
API Scripter
When moving graphics tick-by-tick using arrow keys and holding [Alt], one can move graphics in any direction (up, down, left, right). However, when moving graphics that are multi-select, all directions work except for [Alt]-Left, which defaults to the "Back in Browser History" instruction instead of the keypress having its default suppressed, as when moving a graphic that is not in a grouped graphic.  Steps to reproduce:  Place a single token on the VTT. Select it. Press the [ALT] key and then press the left arrow key. The single token moves a small increment to the left.  Place two or more tokens on the VTT. Shift-select or drag-group-select so that more than one graphic is selected. Press the left arrow. The grouped graphics move one increment in the grid.  Press the [ALT] key and then press the right arrow key. The graphic increments a small tick to the right instead of a full grid increment. Press the [ALT] key and then press the left arrow key. The browser moves back in its history and you leave the VTT.    No longer reproducible. 

Edited 1646290523
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I can't reproduce this. I'm using a Chromebook. What platform and browser are you using? (No point in testing on a Mac, since the Option Key is a modifier only, and not an action key.)
Pat
Pro
API Scripter
I can't either, now - it was reproducible for about an hour solid, with refreshes - makes me wonder if there are a few fixes going out as we're testing.