Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5e Sheets Spell Issue

So, is it just me or were people able to cast spells from the actual Spells page of the character sheet. My players and I have recently noticed this feature no longer works as when you click the spell, it does nothing. Would really like this feature brought back. Just makes it a lot easier...
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I cannot duplicate this. Spells working normally over here? Some questions: What exactly do you click on to try to activate a spell? Are you clicking on the spell name in the spell tab or the attack section of the core tab? Is this on the NPC display, the PC display or both? How were the spells added to the sheet? Is the sheet the official one, or one of the variants? Are you running any extensions that modify the behavior of Roll20? Including Beyond20? Does this occur in a private browsing window? Is this behavior consistent across all sheets or only a few? If only a few, are these sheets that have duplicates in the journal tab that have the same name (including the archived sheets)?
OK, going through your questions: The name of the spell on the Spell tab of the sheet. It's also not just one player and has been happening for a few of my players now. In the Spell tab. It used to work fine, now it only works from the attack section of the core tab. The PC one. Haven't checked the NPC one, but will double check. Through the Charactermancer with some additional click and drag from the Compendium. Official Sheet. Nope, just Roll20. I didn't know there are things that modify Roll20, lol. Nope. Standard window. All players. It works fine on Spell Cards (e.g. Toll The Dead) but not on anything with an attack roll or straight damage/healing (e.g. Eldritch Blast, Cure Wounds). No duplicates. One thing I have noticed though, it seems to just be this one game, but we are having A LOT of issues with the sheet. Spells are getting duplicated, random blank item slots are being added... And then this. It's a really weird one...
Oh, and before I forget, I have tried deleting the sheets and remaking them. Same issue occurs.
So Mage Armour worked fine. The blank spaces under that are a few attempts at Eldritch Blast
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ah. Now that I see that text is getting through but it is choking on things requiring rolls, my guess is a corrupted Chat Archive. A game's Creator is often able to fix issues with their Text Chat by  clearing the Chat Archive  (note: not  clearing your current Chat Log ). A GM might want to copy/back up the Chat Archive before the Creator clears it.
Unfortunately that didn't work. Just tried it and still no change. It's an odd one, I know. If you need, I can invite you into the game and you can see it first hand.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Nope. I have the fix. It's stupid, but it's an old one, and it happened with my group last night. Any spell that is set to "Spellcard" output, switch to "Attack" and back to "Spellcard". I do not know what causes this, but that should fix any spell that is set to "Spellcard" but not displaying in chat.
I'll see if that works the other way round. Spellcards are working for us, not the attacks.
Yup. Worked. Thank you so much!