Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dark Hersey 2

Edited 1407463094
Dark Hersey 2 is supposedly right around the corner. Anyone Interested in starting up a game? Learn the new System Together? (After we all get our books). I am available every day after 10PM EASTERN, but i am starting a new job so this may change.

Edited 1407467086
It's not actually out yet, though, is it? The game's page on Fantasy Flight's site lists it as "Available Soon" and as far as I know it's still in beta, though they may be towards the finish line, as you say. Is the beta's rules and system available to the general public (as was Demon: The Descent)? Otherwise, what are we talking about here? P,S, You forgot to mention if you're looking for it to be a Text-Based game or if it will require a microphone. Also, what is the age range you're looking for?

Edited 1407486697
The release date is next week I believe the 14th or so. idc age group but yes skype will be used.
I might be interested in this - not tried out the new system at all. Tentativ interested - might DM it, but rather not.
I would be willing to gm or play. but again I am starting a new job in a week.
I would like to join in on Dark Heresy 2. Sound like fun. I heard they have made so much need improvements over 1.

Edited 1407722481
Hey I'm up for it Let me know when you start I would like to play
We'll let the book come out. I believe it's next weekend. And then we have to order it and so forth. by the following weekend I will have a better idea of my schedule. I think I will be free weekends but i am limited to 10 pm est. I have a family that requires my attention.

Edited 1407733886
Sounds good. Would it be ok if I am a scum. I never been one who likes all the zealot classes. I kinda like to be the rogue not really attached to the emperor.
I am not going to tell anyone what they can or can't do . but I am not even sure if they have classes like that any more. In the beta you more or less picked trees and stuff rather then classes.

Edited 1407751353
Ok. Yeah I did not get into the beta. Still I am to open the book and see what all the things it has in it. Hope it comes out next Friday. AKA payday for me. Lol can not be buying the book if I am broke. These is also a black crusade starting up as well. I am hoping both games do not class. I would hate having to chose one over the other. I do love both BC and DH.
Interested but could you give me 10pm East in GMT?

Edited 1407761459
That would be 3-4 AM in GMT-GMT+1
I would like it if our first meeting is a meet and great/character creation event. After all this is a new rule book. It would be nice to know everyone and what the GM will allow.
Well seems like the Black Crusade is planning on doing stuff on Saturday 2 pm eastern time. Which if that conflicts with this game. I will drop it. GM does not want to use mics/voice. So it might become to painful for me to play in that game. I do hope we plan to use voice. Would help me out so much with my nerve damage.
I defiantly want to use mics. What do you mean what the gm allows. It's a new book in a new line ... There are no variety books we are initially playing core lol i think making characters together and learning the rules together is the idea of the group. I assume for now I am gm and I don't plan on limiting anything as of yet. I may gm a psyker PC if no one makes one. Probably will go through the adventure is in the book for beginners.
Well what I mean is the book is more of a guide line, The GM is the one who does set the final say if something is allowed. For an example. I have had GM have use role for stats and I seen gm give us 80-240 ((with no default 20 stats starter,)) stat point and we have to figure out how to where we are going to place them.
I see yeah we used a point buy in my old dh game but as I said I haven't even see the rules for the game. After we have the book we can all sit down and decide how we want to do things.
Yeah I am good with that. Lol I remember one GM gave use 80 point but lleft the 20 default point. Which he also let us subtract point from groups. So I made a weak but smooth scum. While another person made an ogres. Which using my street smarts. I got him as my muscle to the crime. His character did not care as I got him nice gear. Sadly because of his low int. GM added special rules where he had to pass an int test to move or attack a round in combat. Which did not matter much for him. After awhile he had so much tooughness and armor. That he could just sit in the open being shot at for like 5 rounds in a row and come out of combat with no damage taken. Lol it was great.
Two more days tell my paycheck comes in. I hope the book will be in stores by then.
I am up for this.

Edited 1407973274
PM me your PC ideas. I am not currently turning people down but I want an idea of what we have. I will invite you into the game and will make a place for you to post your PC and give backstory. What were you doing before the Inquisitor "Recruited" you? * Are you a sinner working off ur debt to mankind? * Are you loyal subject of the Emperor? * Did you volunteer to server the greater good? What do hope to achieve by working for the inquisition? * Did you join to escape your fate or to make your own? * Are you just power hungry or do you serve the greater good? * Did you just hear the calling of the emperor? What did you give up to serve? What did you gain? If things take longer then expected we will at least do some RP. Maybe introduce you to your inquisitor. I am currently away from my PC on vacation so it may take me a day or so to get back to you. Also I will need someone to show me how to use roll 20, I never made maps or tokens before on it.
Michael P. said: . Also I will need someone to show me how to use roll 20, I never made maps or tokens before on it. I can help with this.
I ordered my book off amazon they said it should be here 21st aug to 5th sep if you get it sooner let me know. No PMs yet ... I have a lot of people asking and I am not looking for a huge group.
Michael P. said: I ordered my book off amazon they said it should be here 21st aug to 5th sep if you get it sooner let me know. No PMs yet ... I have a lot of people asking and I am not looking for a huge group. Sent you a pm. Plan to be driving down to a local hobby story and picking up a hard copy.
Got the book. I have it. Let me say. WoW so many changes.
<a href="http://rpggeek.com/thread/1011729/whats-changed-20" rel="nofollow">http://rpggeek.com/thread/1011729/whats-changed-20</a>... You can all read about the changes here. Hopefully maybe this weekend if you dont have the book we can skype and go over some of it. Dont read to much into the starter adventure :P i kinda what to go through it fresh.
Are you still looking for players? I would be very happy to join a DH game!

Edited 1408081185
So far i have a response from 3 players who provided me with the Info i have asked for. One already accepted my invitation the others are still pending. So far we have would would appear to be a Scum type character (Outcast i guess in this game). A Imperial Farmer who hasnt exactly picked out a Path (Probably dosnt even know what they are). And Someone who is willing to try anything. My ideal party would be a psyker + tech + 3 (Insert randoms, hopefully one of them being a Combat Expert) So as it fits right now i just have a confirmed outcast type ... Idk what the farmer will turn out to be :P And 1 will be w/e the party needs

Edited 1408087256
Yeah I am an outcast/desperado. I am going to be from a hive world. Think of me kinda like the Han Solo of our group. :P While I will bet better with my mouth talking my way through problems. My skill with a pistol will not be weak as well.
Also before we get any more requests note this game will probably be held over the weekend. After 10pm Est.