Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Handouts/character sheets failing to open.

I have a regular issue that once a handout of an NPC or Monster character sheet has been "popped out" and closed, it will not allow me to open it again an I have to refresh the entire app. Any solutions for this?
I hear this is a problem in Chrome; I have yet to experience it with Firefox. The error popped up after a Chrome update several months ago. I think Chrome users get around this by making sure the separate-window option is not the default. Unless I'm missing a Chrome trick, which is entirely possible, switching to Firefox is the way to go if you want to regularly pop character sheets out into their own windows.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This is largely correct, but a few addendums. The problem has been around for nearly two years. It has been looked at by the dev team, but there is obviously some blocker they are unable to overcome. :( There are two solutions and one workaround. Solution 1: Switch to Firefox Solution 2: Set the default behavior to not open in an external window (default can be at under the in-game settings tab. Workaround: While you are focused on one of the external windows, instead of closing it, refresh or reload the pop-up. It will close and can be re-send again in the same session.
Ok, thank you.