Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Auto calculated max values don't play nice with tokens

Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm really not sure what the best way is to replicate this, but this might be one way. Using the Pathfinder sheet Start a game, create a character, in the classes tab give it some HP and 1 level. Verify that the character has a max hp in the core tab. Create a token for the character, set bar 3 to HP, it should populate the max with the total from the sheet. Populate the "current" box with the same number as the max. Link the token and set it as a default. Verify that you can see a full red bar above the character. Exit the game and open it again. Notice that the character does not have an HP bar on it anymore. The current workaround to make it appear again is to just open the token and save it, or update the HP.
Sam
Sheet Author
This also happens when you change maps. Basically if the token has to reload there is a very good chance of this bug appearing. It doesn't happen with every token however. I just loaded my campaign and 2 of the 8 tokens exhibited the bug. The number of affected tokens isn't always consistent in my experience.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Is this only happening when the token bar is referencing a character sheet attribute?
Sam M.
Pro
Sheet Author
I've only seen it happen with autocalculated max values (HP) so far.