Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Alphabetical Decks and Rollable Tables

As the title suggests, having alphabetical decks and rollable table could really help, especially if, like me, you are using a lot of tables. I actually use them to change icons of enemies and attacks, as well as regular loot table etc...So it gets crowded really fast, especially if you have plenty of enemies with icons. This little tweak would really get my life easier (and maybe others, who knows?), especially in the future! You guys are doing quite a wonderful job with the updates thus far! I just wished Roll20 would have existed decades earlier! :)
PaulOoshun
Marketplace Creator
+1 for the tables (and +1 for time travel to bring Roll20 to us 20 years ago :) )
I'd really like to see Rollable Tables be organized alphabetically, at the very least. The ability to manually drag and drop them in the list would be even better. As my campaigns evolve I find I am using tables more and more, and it's getting increasingly difficult for my players and I to locate the exact one we need.
For what it's worth, if you're talking about linking a token to a journal with multiple images from a rollable table, once the token is set up, you no longer need the table itself. For my personal sense of security, I'd tranmogrify the table to another campaign, in case I needed it again later to add another image or something. But all the information will be saved, and you can feel free to delete the table you made the token from without worry. The token will still have all the 'sides' avaliable. This doesn't help much with other table uses, but it may help cut down the clutter somewhat. -Phnord, who still gives this idea a +1
+1

Edited 1410101494
Phnord Prephect said: For what it's worth, if you're talking about linking a token to a journal with multiple images from a rollable table, once the token is set up, you no longer need the table itself. No, nothing like that, I simply have many rollable tables to resolve events that come up during game play: Critical Hits & Fumbles (different tables for different types of weapons), Weather Effects Tables/Subtables, Random Encounter Tables, Rumor Table... you get the idea. And I intend to create more. Thus, the ability to organize them in some coherent manner would be very useful. Even just having the tables automatically alphabetize as you create them would be acceptable.
Phnord Prephect said: For my personal sense of security, I'd tranmogrify the table to another campaign, in case I needed it again later to add another image or something. But all the information will be saved, and you can feel free to delete the table you made the token from without worry. The token will still have all the 'sides' avaliable. That might actually help a bit in my case, since I'm using these tables for different "animations" for characters and enemies alike (my game setting is in 2d like a tactical platformer, and combat is done in sequential real time, so everyone has attack effects sprites, etc...Yep, I love to make things simple!) But as Brett E. said, to manually drag and drop your tables would be superb. Although playing a bit with the alphabetization, so you can set things in the priority you need: just putting a punctuation or number worked fine for journals and music. So even with just alphabetization, things will become far smoother, I think.
Dr Van Hauten said: : just putting a punctuation or number worked fine for journals and music. So even with just alphabetization, things will become far smoother, I think. Right, that's what I do with sound effects and the journal as well. The player characters each have a sequential number in front of their names, so that they always appear at the very top of the journal.