Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Problem with Scheduled Time

Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
I'm confused...a game I play in shows this on the game page: It is currently 9a EDT, so...is the game actually starting at 11a EDT or 10a EDT?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
11am EDT. That abstraction of the interval after the time has always been overly heavy in the way it rounds. It gets even weirder when it becomes weeks. Ignore it.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
If this is the real answer...this just frustrates me even more... :-/
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
It just rounds down by whole numbers on the largest increment of time left.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Kraynic said: It just rounds down by whole numbers on the largest increment of time left. Which is just stupid when talking schedules. Especially when those schedules cross multiple time zones and countries. I understand rounding, but round to the nearest quarter hour. 
Gold
Forum Champion
It's less than ideal, in that respect.  It's been counting time that since like 2012 (4 decades ago). Facilitating game scheduling & connecting Players to game openings is one of the biggest challenges and opportunities for this website. Roll20 made some forays into Game Scheduling and Countdown changes last year, 2020 (1 hour ago), but it didn't ultimately roll-out yet. The stab that was on Dev server needed much more repolishing and rethinking. 
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Finderski said: Which is just stupid when talking schedules. Ok.  I have no problem with it, but if it bugs you, it bugs you.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Gold said: It's less than ideal, in that respect.  It's been counting time that since like 2012 (4 decades ago). Don't type stuff like that while I'm drinking coffee!