Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Is there a way to cause night vision for tokens to behave like dim light? As night vision is effectively dim light in D&D

Characters with darkvision in D&D perceive complete darkness as dim light and dim light as dark vision. I'm not sure if there is a way to cause this effect or if it would be worth posting as a suggestion (if it has not already been done?). What do you think? I think Ideally I'd like to toggle on night vision, and have that character see as if in dim light, and see dim light as bright light, and bright light as normal bright light as well.

Edited 1648349838
Under "Night Vision Effect," you can try either "Nocturnal" (which is meant to emulate 5e darkvision in terms of light levels, though not shading), or "Dimming." Personally, I like the effect that "Dimming" creates in darkness, but "Nocturnal" is closer to the 5e darkvision you're looking for.
Wow I did not know it could do that - amazing - thanks Sarah!