Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Attributes and Abilities Tab Not Duplicating

I have a template character sheet (using the Roll20 sheet) set up for creating NPCs/Monsters with macros on the Attributes and Abilities tab. To create a new NPC/monster, in the past I've been able to bring up the template, click edit, duplicate, then close the template and enter all the specifics for the NPC/monster on the Copy of template. However, recently (last week or so) when I duplicate the template, the Copy of does not contain any of the macros on the original template. This is also true of all my character sheets. I don' t seem to be able to duplicate the Attributes and Abilities tab for any character sheet. Any ideas why this is occurring and is there anything I can do differently to correct it? Thanks in advance. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I just tried this on a character in my campaign (using the D&D 5th Edition by Roll20 Sheet) and could not duplicate the issue. Can you give step-by-step reproduction instructions? Are you using any extensions that might alter the behavior of Roll20?
Not using extensions. Open character sheet, click Edit, click Duplicate. Open Copy of character sheet and click on Attributes and Abilities tab. No macros duplicated. Just a moment ago, I open my NPC Template and clicked on the Attributes and Abilities tab to view the macros. Everything was as it should be. Went to Edit then Duplicate and when I opened the Copy of, everything had duplicated. Kind of a workaround. Just extra steps.
I'm having the same exact issue as of a few days ago. I copy my Monster Template to create a new monster, but the new sheet has no macros in the Attributes & Abilities tab. the same method I've used for a couple years to fill out my monster folder with monsters all with he macros buttons suddenly doesn't work. 
Wish I could help Shadow Player. Good to know it’s not just me. I’ve found that if I view the Attributes & Abilities of the template and then duplicate it, everything works. Don’t know why, but at least it’s better than having to copy and paste all those macros one at a time!
Wow. That weirdly works. Can't imagine why. Thanks! Like you said, not perfect but better than copying and pasting all the macros over for each monster. 
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
This has got to be a "lazy loading" related bug. You should submit a ticket for it if you haven't already. Workaround: Before copying the sheet, open it to the Attributes & Abilities tab, so that they are actually loaded.  Then duplicate the sheet and all your ability macros will be there.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I can confirm this behavior now that the A&A tab viewing step is made more clear. I'll make a report, and anyone who wishes to reinforce the need and also file a  Help Center Request .
Hey Jeff (good name!) Thanks for the report -- this should be fixed now.
Awesome! Thank you!