Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Cannot upload any Jpgs or Pngs anymore

Having a problem uploading my maps, tokens, images etc. They upload but are all corrupted on screen (example posted). I have a full subscription and plenty of space for uploads. I even tried with a map I allready have uploaded sucessfully (which is fine) but the new upload is totally corrupted. Im posting an image of whats happening to my uploads.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Do your players see the images the same way (just to rule out strange display issues)?
Oddly it is only happening on firefox, its fine on edge. I have refreshed firefox and removed all extentions and still no luck
Its odd, I tried on another PC and all is well. This is only happening on one pc and I haver no idea how to fix it. I reinstalled Firefox, Disabled everything, even disabled firewalls etc..
Try emptying the cache in Firefox?

Edited 1649267486
ok...when i refreshed on Firefox on my other pc, the one where all was working fine, it asked me to log in again and now I have the same problem on this pc. Also, as an aside, I cant check my account details as when i click on it, the host times out. Something odd is going on. Also, I just realized Firefox has just updated on both pcs, wonder if that's the problem.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
I use Firefox as my primary browser.  Uploaded a new map image yesterday, and a portrait image for an npc just a bit ago.  Both came through fine. Firefox version: 98.0.2 (64-bit) If you haven't already, you might want to go to the Help Center and submit a request there.  If there is something off on the account level, then you really should get that entered in so there will be a ticket on it.
Roy Random said: ok...when i refreshed on Firefox on my other pc, the one where all was working fine, it asked me to log in again and now I have the same problem on this pc. Also, as an aside, I cant check my account details as when i click on it, the host times out. Something odd is going on. Also, I just realized Firefox has just updated on both pcs, wonder if that's the problem. Seems to me as if you have connection issues. If the connection is interrupted during upload the image might come out corrupt and thus be displayed same as on your Screenshot.

Edited 1649341979
It actually works fine on Edge its just I prefer firefox. Found errors in the console which Ill post here for any of you tech savvy... [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80070057 (NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE) [nsIDOMWindowUtils.addSheet]"  nsresult: "0x80070057 (NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE)"  location: "JS frame :: resource://gre/modules/ExtensionCommon.jsm :: runSafeSyncWithoutClone :: line 66"  data: no] ExtensionCommon.jsm:66:12 Promise rejected after context unloaded: Actor 'Conduits' destroyed before query 'RuntimeMessage' was resolved 2 kwift.CHROME.js:3 Error: Please use $(ref:runtime.getURL). EarlyContentScript.js:1 AbortError: Actor 'ExtensionContent' destroyed before query 'DetectLanguage' was resolved 2 ExtensionCommon.jsm:793 Unchecked lastError value: Error: An unexpected error occurred 2 background.js:2 webrtc.peerconnection.datachannel_created - Unknown scalar. webrtc.peerconnection.datachannel_created - Unknown scalar. webrtc.peerconnection.datachannel_created - Unknown scalar. Error: Please use $(ref:runtime.getURL). ContentScript.js:16 Unchecked lastError value: Error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist. background.js:2     tabsSendMessage moz-extension://a1aea665-1167-40bb-9b4b-a8d5f723c1fc/content/scripts/background.js:2 Trying to create a tabId for 3, but already have one background.js:2 [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80070057 (NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE) [nsIDOMWindowUtils.addSheet]"  nsresult: "0x80070057 (NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE)"  location: "JS frame :: resource://gre/modules/ExtensionCommon.jsm :: runSafeSyncWithoutClone :: line 66"  data: no] ExtensionCommon.jsm:66:12 Error: Please use $(ref:runtime.getURL). EarlyContentScript.js:1 webrtc.peerconnection.datachannel_created - Unknown scalar. webrtc.peerconnection.datachannel_created - Unknown scalar. webrtc.peerconnection.datachannel_created - Unknown scalar. Error: Please use $(ref:runtime.getURL). ContentScript.js:16

Edited 1649342379
As an aside, all my PCs have firefox 99.0 64bit
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
If you try a private window, does the behavior change?
I tried a private window and the error is the same. Driving me nuts, I submitted a ticket with all the info and they dont seem to know what the problem is either. Its odd it only started with V 99.0 of firefox.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Are you using any browser extensions?  There was another post recently where it turned out to be an extension that didn't properly disable like it should in a private window.  You might try manually disabling all extensions to see if that is the source of the issue, if you haven't tried that so far.
I managed to fix it. I fully uninstalled Firefox and did a clean install. Still had exactly the same problem. I uninstalled it again and downloaded the previous version of Firefox (version 98). Now everything works fine, even with all my old extensions running. Clearly an issue with the v99 update. Hope this helps anyone else that may have the same problem. 

Edited 1649455170
Thanks for posting the solution. I wonder what caused the issue; I know someone had a similar issue a while back but I don't remember what the solution turned out to be there. As a note, the issue is not universal to Firefox 99.0; I have that version of Firefox and I am able to upload images normally. Edit: I found the similar post, but we never found out what the problem turned out to be: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10656001/slug%7D" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10656001/slug%7D</a>
My belief is that when i removed the current version of Firefox and reinstalled the old one, It made me make a new profile. I think somehow my Firefox profile got corrupted. If anyone has the same problem, id try this link <a href="https://smallbusiness.chron.com/change-profile-mozilla-firefox-43726.html" rel="nofollow">https://smallbusiness.chron.com/change-profile-mozilla-firefox-43726.html</a> &nbsp; Hope that helps anyone with the same problem.