Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Better way to move players through pages?

I usually have about 40 to 50 pages open in the page tab and it's really a pain to move the player ribbon around. Let's say my players are on the 27th page and I want to move them to the next one. 1- the page tab always bring me back to the 1st page (far left) but since my players are on the 27th page I have to scroll all the way to the middle to move them. Then drag the ribbon to the next page or worst if I want them to go back to page 1 I have to drag to the left forever. 2- Is there a way to make the page tab open where the player's ribbon is ? 3- Suggestion, maybe have allow the gm name (bottom left) to act like the player's ribbon in the same way you can take a player's name and move it to another page to split the party.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Have you considered archiving some of those pages? I don't know why you would need 50 pages for a single session.
Gold
Forum Champion
I had that problem, and I found a workaround. It is easier to move the PAGES to a different order, than to move the Player Ribbon while scrolling to a distant page. Take the 2-3-4-5 PAGES that your group will use next, and drag-drop them to the front (left side) of the Pages order. Now you can easily shift the red Player Ribbon between those pages.
Would be nice if the pages could be foldered. Put one adventure in its own folder , and have tabs for the maps page that could take you to a certain folder or to the archive.
I usually put the pages " I think" I'm gonna need at the begining but players tend to do unexpected things and since we are playing a shadowrun 5th game, they could go anywhere in the city. I have a picture of the appartement of each players, the bars they usually meet their employeurs in, A background for each Seattle county,battle maps for bars, street, alley etc. I could archive some of those but everytime I archive something, the players seems to want to go to that particular location so it's less time consuming to move the ribbon than go into my archive, find the map, then find where it is on the page tab, switch the ribbon etc. One little thing I found is that (if you use a laptop) you can select the ribbon with your mouse and use the trackpad to move in the page tab. Thank you for your tips tough, it's really a great community here :D
Gold
Forum Champion
Eric L. said: One little thing I found is that (if you use a laptop) you can select the ribbon with your mouse and use the trackpad to move in the page tab. Yes, I do that trackpad move, but there's a trap on Mac with 'multitouch'. If you're track-scrolling left, and get to the end (start) of the pages, if I drag again Mac Chrome thinks I want to go "Back" in the browser, and tends to reload the Roll20 front page taking me out of the game!
It doesn't do that on my macbook pro, it's an old model so I don't have that feature. I think you can disabled it in the system preferences.
Ron said: Would be nice if the pages could be foldered. Put one adventure in its own folder , and have tabs for the maps page that could take you to a certain folder or to the archive. Don't think that's gonna happen. What I do is relatively simple. I give them names that make it easy to find them again in the archive. "B4 - Temple - Level 1" or something, B4 standing for Book 4. Since the maps get sorted alphabetically in the Archive, it's quite easy to find things again.
or right click the ribbon and select move to " Map name" now that would be nice!

Edited 1407710610
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Eric L.: This bookmarklet might get you a more pleasant experience: Make a bookmark in your browser, but put this in the url: javascript:(function(){ $('#page-toolbar').height('800px');$('#page-toolbar .container').css({height: '800px','white-space': 'normal'});}()); When you are on the VTT and choose it, it will make the page bar display much taller and wrapping. You won't be able to sort pages with it like this, but you can grab the player flag and move it to any of the displayed pages (the flag stays on the top row, but it will move the players to the page you highlight with the blue border.). Refreshing the page will restore the page bar to normal.
I might not be doing it right, but it doesn't work for me. Nothing happens, I tried with the page tab open and closed but nothing change. I've tried it in chrome and firefox. Any idea about what I might be doing wrong?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Make sure you copy it from the message above, I had an error in the original post which I had to fix. If you copied it from your email, it won't work. You create a bookmark in the bookmark manager with that as it's source: Then while on the VTT: You run the bookmark: And get the multiline display: Hope that helps..
Thanks, it doesn't work in firefox but It works in Chrome (which is the one I use for roll20) :D This is gonna save me so much time, thanks thanks thanks!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
No worries. Unsupported hack, but if it solves your issue, cheers!
Aaron that is a godsend.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
;)