Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Token Action Maker - Update for DnD 3.5?

Edited 1649943643
Hi! As the subject title says, does anyone fancy updating this script so that it's compatible with the DnD 3.5 character sheet? (Edit) I'm having a look at doing this myself, but might need a few pointers ... I also have no idea how to commit code etc so I'll just post my updates here and maybe someone else can handle that for it?
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
You might also check out Universal Chat Menu, that isn't coded for a specific sheet so that you can set it up for whatever sheet you use. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7474530/script-call-for-testers-universal-chat-menus/?pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7474530/script-call-for-testers-universal-chat-menus/?pagenum=1</a>
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If you would like to create a separate version specifically for the sheet you would like to use, please feel free. I do ask that you not update the one already in the repo as I maintain that on behalf of Roll20 for use in module creation (I do contract conversion work), and I wouldn't like any nasty surprises to be traced to anyone but me.
keithcurtis said: If you would like to create a separate version specifically for the sheet you would like to use, please feel free. I do ask that you not update the one already in the repo as I maintain that on behalf of Roll20 for use in module creation (I do contract conversion work), and I wouldn't like any nasty surprises to be traced to anyone but me. I don't know how to make new code versions/ check in code etc. but I'm happy to make a separate version as suggested. Would you be willing to check it in for me as a new version?
Kraynic said: You might also check out Universal Chat Menu, that isn't coded for a specific sheet so that you can set it up for whatever sheet you use. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7474530/script-call-for-testers-universal-chat-menus/?pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7474530/script-call-for-testers-universal-chat-menus/?pagenum=1</a> Thanks for the suggestion Kraynic, but I'm looking for token actions as per the 5e games we play.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Totally up to you.&nbsp; I set up the commands for that script in my macro collection, give everyone permission to use them and set them as token actions.&nbsp; If (like in the pathfinder game I run) there are menus specific to npc sheets, then I only give permissions for those to players that have familiars, animal companions, or casters with summoning spells.&nbsp; So they are all run as token actions, but don't need to be added to each character sheet, since they put the menu together on the fly based on the token selected at the time.
Kraynic said: Totally up to you.&nbsp; I set up the commands for that script in my macro collection, give everyone permission to use them and set them as token actions.&nbsp; If (like in the pathfinder game I run) there are menus specific to npc sheets, then I only give permissions for those to players that have familiars, animal companions, or casters with summoning spells.&nbsp; So they are all run as token actions, but don't need to be added to each character sheet, since they put the menu together on the fly based on the token selected at the time. Hi Kraynic, I took a look at your script and tried it in my 3.5E game, using the sheet "D&amp;D 3.5E by Diana P.", and it does not work very well I'm afraid. I am happy to run through it with you on another thread, to help make it compatible for that sheet, or can even IM you to discuss but I don't want this thread taken-over for the purposes of testing your script if that's ok. Cheers, Manny

Edited 1650029948
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
It isn't my script.&nbsp; I have just been using it with a couple different character sheets since it was posted. If you look through the thread, you can see the type of results you can get with it.
Understood, thanks again for the heads up Kraynic.

Edited 1650063825
I assume that the code creates macros and sets them as token actions? What sort of actions did you want macros created for? As it turns out, I have created my own API script for 3.5e called importMonster which incorporates a lot of this kind of functionality. (It, for example, creates spell macros, creates attack macros, creates skill macros, and creates ability macros). I have also created a simple script that toggles the token actions on and off (as with all these macros, I find it annoying to have them all set to token actions when I'm trying to move the token around the screen--assuming that a character has a lot of actions). In particular, the spell macros depend upon a lot of things, and are actually contained in a separate script but based around the same kind of structure. I found a whole depository of spell macros and wasn't all-together keen on how they were constructed. So I figured out how to compile them into a single .txt file, copy and pasted that into an API script, and then used the API script to create separate macros with the edits I wanted. This, of course, leads to slow load times because it loads 700 macros into the game which are all loaded when you jump into the game. These macros were all created to try and reflect the lowest possible level at which each spell could be cast (such as an effect from a potion or a scroll) and had that information hard-wired into the spell. And for the most part, with the exception of a few spells that have weird damage calculations, the script also predictively adds damage rolls and other relevant rolls to the macro by combing the description text. That being said, all of these macros are designed to be global so that all players could access them quickly. However, I also wanted to be able to load each spell up into a character sheet and change the default values to the values specific to that character. So I created another API which searches the character Macros for any Macros that have the exact same name as the global spell macro and replaces it. You add text to the action part of the macro such as "CL" for "Caster Level" and "DC" for "DC" followed by the relevant number. Assuming that these values are present, it uses those instead of the default values. Finally, I incorporated all of this into my importMonster script so that you can edit the stat block to include these Macros so that it will add it to the character sheet for you, and then you can run the spell macro script (forgot what I called it) to actually load the spell. So... I guess what I'm saying is... what exactly do you want the script to do? In a large part, I may have already done much of the work for you, and I wouldn't mind you using large chunks of my code to get it to do what you want. EDIT: Forgot to include the link: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10672575/reviving-srd-importer-by-chris-s/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10672575/reviving-srd-importer-by-chris-s/</a>
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
For reference, most of the actions that Token Action Maker makes are sheet actions. If you open up the action button, it will say something like: %{-N-ElnPeTF6an-pHyTUX|repeating_npcaction_-N-EncKl2WIoJoIU2qAu_npc_action} Or alternatively, it can use the name instead of the character ID, since otherwise they will break if you use the Character Vault to move them to a new campaign. I don't know how robust the 3.5 sheet is for built-in actions.
Thanks&nbsp;Astuertz, there's a lot to digest there but I did install the script and give it a shot. I shall spend some time getting my head around what bits of the script might be useful, I'm about to do a javascript course to bring myself up to scratch as I've not done this language before!&nbsp; Thanks again Keith, I shall bear that in mind. I'm not really familiar enough with how the 3.5 sheet works at this point to be able to say, but I expect I shall devote some time to this in the next few days.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You can find the name of a roll button by either dragging it to your macro bar or using the browser inspector (right click on it and choose "inspect this element").