Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Hook into ENWorld for game scheduling, friendslists & becoming default VTT for vBulletin

Over on ENworld, where I first learned about Roll20 during the kickstarter), we're talking up some new ideas about integrating into vBulletin as a module, and ENWorld specifically, Morrus, the site owner over there is interested, and he's got other projects going like adding an easy-bake table rolling system. ENWorld is one of the largest RPG sites (i've seen the user map, it is) outside of WotC. A few years back, it added Facebook like things for FriendsList, Game Finder and Game scheduling. So it has tools for getting people together. ENWorld is interested in being able to hook into Roll20 as part of its feature set (maybe pay a license fee). They also propose ideas that a vBulletin module that wraps Roll20's software would be valuable for anybody hosting a gaming website. Get a VTT as part of the site. I also propose that Roll20 consider partnering with ENWorld to use ENWorld's functions for game scheduling/friend management, rather than Roll20 developing its own redundant feature set. This MIGHT save the devs time, and so they could focus on the core features of the VTT, rather than side functionality. If nothing else, Roll20 should consider a modular design such that the VTT can be attached to other applications user/forum/friendlist/game scheduler so it can be licensed to other sites. Here's the ENWorld thread where we're talking about it: <a href="http://www.enworld.org/forum/news/324470-roll20-vtt-enters-open-beta-2.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.enworld.org/forum/news/324470-roll20-vtt-enters-open-beta-2.html</a> This is the thread where Orrbain (I assume one of the Roll20 staff's handle) announced the open beta on ENWorld.
Thanks, Janx, we'll check it out. And I am "orrbain" on there :-)
yup, saw that. I think something could be worked out and both sites would benefit.