Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Chat set attr not changing sheet

I've figured out how to use the script properly, and when i use the command  !setattr --sel --modb --class_resource|-1 it says it worked and outputs But then the actual element on the 5th edition character sheet doesn't have its value changed What am i doing wrong?

Edited 1650061379
Are you selecting a token  controlled by a different character, and does the token have class_resource set on one of the bars?  Does someone have the sheet open with their cursor viewing the sheet page class_resource is on, and does that player have it popped out?  In my experience you will get undone setattrs when those situations are occurring *sometimes*.  And I just live with it.   Also you can do !modbattr --sel --class_resource|-1, and modb does not go below 0 or above the set max fyi, thats the point of using the B in the command.  
Yeah, the command still isn't editing things, it says it is, and i removed all the variables you said might mess with it, and it still didn't edit the value
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Is this happening for all characters, or just one? Is CSA working for other attributes? Does this do anything (replace Bob with the actual character name): !setattr --name Bob --class_resource|2
Still does nothing
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
You might want to provide a screenshot of the sheet with the exact thing you are trying to alter, just to be sure everyone is looking at the same entry on the sheet.
Before picture: I then Closed the character sheet, selected its token and ran the command (first time went through and i had to redo it and add a space in the command) The attribute "Unleash incarnum" which is in the class ability field, didn't change
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
I took Oosh's command, changed the name to a character in a test game, and it worked right off.  Is it possible there are other copies of that character in game?  Having more than one sheet with an identical name can cause some strangeness.

Edited 1650149632
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Oosh said: Is this happening for all characters, or just one? Is CSA working for other attributes? Does this do anything (replace Bob with the actual character name): !setattr --name Bob --class_resource|2 Answering the questions at the start of this will really help isolate the problem. Unless Kraynic has hit the nail on the head with the duplicated sheet idea.
I tried it in another campaing and it worked, im checking the same character, but in a blank campaign now
Update on the Character, i tried it in a different campaign, it worked once, and after setting the value of the resource manually it stopped working

Edited 1650349881
It should do nothing if its at zero and you are trying to go negative, or at max and trying to go above max, since you are using modb.  My money is still on there being a duplicate archived character hiding in the session.  Also not sure if CSA does it, but I know tokenmod can do this, you have to reselect the token after doing the change something about some api's causes an unselection.  It also may do nothing at all if theres no maximum set as you are using modb/modbattr commands which need a maximum field input.  
Yeah, its just the class resource for that character, using the command on other characters work, and the specific characters other resource works, but not the class resource.

Edited 1650422082
Nirgel said: Yeah, its just the class resource for that character, using the command on other characters work, and the specific characters other resource works, but not the class resource. That sheet is missing the bottom half of hit dice, which leads me to believe its a new sheet.  Make sure the attributes are ACTUALLY in the third tab.  Open the third tab, then ctrl F with your mouse cursor clicked on the URL above, search for "class_resource" or "other_resource".  I suspect the sheets workers are dead or the sheets brand spankin new and hasn't actually populated the third tab yet.   EDIT:  Because you are using modb/mobattr, you need to make sure those two attributes in the third tab have current and max set or csa won't do anything.   EDIT2:  Without the sheet being edited at all, move it to the spells page and drag and drop a simple spell from your compendium.  If the drag and drop refuses to work, your sheet is broken.  I don't know how to fix this, its only ever resolved on its own after a server patch where they updated sheets.  We always had to make new sheets.  My only advice to avoid this specific drag and drop and edit bug is to only have 1 person at your table looking at a sheet at a time, if you need to go in and do something to a player sheet, ask them to close theirs first.  
Yeah, i just saw a bunch of changes happen to the sheet, before my very eyes, like there's a whole built in rest section now, after I finished custom long rest macros of course XD.