Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Is Roll20 working on Character Sheet bugs?

Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Weekly, I check the Change Log page and I see so many fixes to Dynamic Lightning and Compendium, but I see non of the bugs from the&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/BCS/Bugs" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/BCS/Bugs</a> &nbsp;being resolved. Personally I have spent quite a lot of time reporting well documented bugs , but yet I see no progress on any of these. I have tried to give as much information as possible, including screenshots, videos, and minimum working code examples, making the bug easy to replicate and thereby allowing developers to dive right into fixing them, instead of spending hours trying to replicate them. The negligence&nbsp; makes me feel like i am wasting my time trying to document this for the Roll20 staff. Being a developer myself I do know that some of these, that seem simple on the surface can be tough to fix on the backend and therefore tends to get left behind. However I do believe some of them are easy picking and are easy to fix, making me wonder if Roll20 even prioritise fixing bugs on the Character Sheet. In the&nbsp; Product Update &nbsp;it is explicitly stated that Roll20 wants to:&nbsp; In 2022, we’re going to launch those things you’ve been requesting, fix the stuff that doesn’t work great, and give you the best Roll20 possible. However it seems like it is pretty far down the list, at least from my perspective. So...&nbsp; Are Roll20 working on bugs?&nbsp;
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
I doubt that the Dev team ever looks at that page. Look at the Roll20 Portal instead.&nbsp; <a href="https://portal.productboard.com/roll20/" rel="nofollow">https://portal.productboard.com/roll20/</a>
The portal looks like another suggestion forum. Not a bug reporting place.
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Doug E. said: The portal looks like another suggestion forum. Not a bug reporting place. Exactly how I feel about it
Hi Peter, In short: yes, we are still fixing bugs. The longer answer: Roll20 is a huge product with a great deal of complexity, and we have to find the perfect balance between adding new features, resolving issues with existing features, improving infrastructure so that performance can be as good as possible, adding new game systems to the platform, etc. etc. This obviously means that we have to make decisions about what gets worked on, and in what order. At this moment, all I can say is that we are listening to your reports, and have raised internal tickets for them. Unfortunately I cannot give timelines on how soon they will be resolved, only that they will be. All that said, your reports are the gold standard of a bug report. They're hugely useful to the developer when they come to work on these tickets, and I can only thank you for the effort that you put into them. They're very much appreciated :) I hope this helps alleviate your concerns to a degree; I absolutely understand that it can be frustrating to not see progress in areas that directly affect your experience. I'll watch this thread and hop back in if you have further questions. Thanks!
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Hello Nic B. It is great getting an answer from you. I had grown frustrated and felt neglected and basically needed to vent my frustration. It is wonderful to get an answer from you. It makes me feel heard and a lot better already. Nic B. said: Hi Peter, In short: yes, we are still fixing bugs. The longer answer: Roll20 is a huge product with a great deal of complexity, and we have to find the perfect balance between adding new features, resolving issues with existing features, improving infrastructure so that performance can be as good as possible, adding new game systems to the platform, etc. etc. This obviously means that we have to make decisions about what gets worked on, and in what order. At this moment, all I can say is that we are listening to your reports, and have raised internal tickets for them. Unfortunately I cannot give timelines on how soon they will be resolved, only that they will be. All that said, your reports are the gold standard of a bug report. They're hugely useful to the developer when they come to work on these tickets, and I can only thank you for the effort that you put into them. They're very much appreciated :) I hope this helps alleviate your concerns to a degree; I absolutely understand that it can be frustrating to not see progress in areas that directly affect your experience. I'll watch this thread and hop back in if you have further questions. Thanks! I completely understand that Roll20 is a big organisation with many moving gears and only a limited amount of time to do everything. You hit the nail on the head. I did feel frustrated seeing all this work go into Dynamic lightning (which I do not use), and "no" work go into character sheets, which I do use. I know this is false, but feelings and reality are rarely the same. It is good to hear that you are listening. The automated response email can feel a bit hallow, compared to the amount of work I put in. Your words weigh a lot more! It is wonderful to hear that you appreciate my work and that it stands out from the rest, as that was my goal all along. I feel a lot better and at ease knowing that my work is the golden standard . I had grown frustrated on your behalf after reading all the "stuff is broken, please fix" posts that I see on the forums. Thank you for listening to my ranting. Keep up the good work!