Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dragging card to turn order item is broken

Edited 1651104609
Playing Savage Worlds where turn order is based on card draw. The functionality where you draw a card from the deck, place it on the table then drag it to the turn order item is broken.  It clearly states this is working/supported in the documentation.  I tested it with numbers (rolled in chat as an example) and it works fine but is broken for the card scenario. The docs say to line up your mouse until the value slot in the turn order item highlights to yellow.  I do that (just like for numbers where it works) and it is broken for cards. Is there a known work around?  It is important to get this functionality working for players with edges that get multiple cards for init and if you need to add new entrants into combat and want to 'deal' them in (you can't do this unless EVERYONE gets a new card by 'deal all turn order items a card'). Thanks!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Nat J, If you can direct me to the documentation, I'll see if I can duplicate this. Is this something that used to work for you?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Also, are you using the official sheet or the Community sheet?
Sure, here is the quote from the docs " You can also drag a single card to the Turn Order Tracker by first turning the top card on the Deck over and then clicking and dragging it to a character in the turn order." Here is the link to the docs: Cards - Roll20 Wiki Yes, as memory serves, this used to work.  But it was at least a couple years since I have used it last.  And also my memory isn't as good as it used to be :) If it matters, I'm using google chrome browser.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ah, OK, just did a quick test. This works, the card has to be dragged from the top of the deck, not the tabletop. Click on the deck to flip the top card, then drag from the deck to the turn tracker. You can't do it from a card dragged to the table. Interestingly, this also works for decks other than the playing cards. In these cases, it puts the first letter from the first 1-2 words into the box.
wow, thanks for checking/testing.  Appreciate it.  I got it to work as well, super fiddly - I never would have figured that one out. Also, for some reason on my browser/cpu when i click in the middle of the card to drag it over to the turn order list, it does not 'detect' the mouse and the drag/update doesn't work.  But if you take/drag from the top left of the card (like where the number is) then it works fine.  Super fiddly but got it to work!  Thanks again for validating, appreciate it.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It's not something I've ever done or needed. Now I'm trying to figure out how I could use it for other stuff...