Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5E] GM looking for 1-2 players for an ongoing, homebrewed, roleplay-heavy game.

I am DM'ing a game and setting of my own creation, with tons of lore for it, and I am looking for one or two more players to join us, It's a mixture of roleplay and combat, but favouring the roleplaying part. I actively steer away from murder-hobo'ing, so don't expect to play a character that has no family or friends or jobs or duties or cause for adventuring. It is set in and around the city of Stillwater, so your character could likely be from there or traveling through, as this isn't the sort of game where the characters are constantly on the move from city to city. So far at least Stillwater has been a sort of base of operations, as many characters have had families and friends there. I want you to interact with the world, with the people, and with the other player characters as well, and a big bonus if you're actively interested in lore, worldbuilding and fantasy fiction. I have tried to write a wiki for this world, but turns out that writing an entire wiki isn't my forte, so I am putting up lore periodically in my discord group, and invites anyone to ask whatever they want in regards to it. We're playing on sundays, 8pm GMT+2, games usually last for around 4-5 hours, and I would hope you're in it for the long haul. I will want to do downtimes between adventures, where your character can do whatever they want (within reason), as they are people that exists in this world and would probably have their own goals and interests. I also do solo sessions during these downtimes for personal storylines.
This seems like a fun setting, and the schedule is perfect! I'd love to join
Sounds exactly like what I was looking for really. If you are still looking for people I would be very interested in it.
I'd be interested in playing if you have a free spot. Been looking for a new fun homebrew for a while now.
If you're still available, I'd love to hear more.
Dartanous said: I am DM'ing a game and setting of my own creation, with tons of lore for it, and I am looking for one or two more players to join us, It's a mixture of roleplay and combat, but favouring the roleplaying part. I actively steer away from murder-hobo'ing, so don't expect to play a character that has no family or friends or jobs or duties or cause for adventuring. It is set in and around the city of Stillwater, so your character could likely be from there or traveling through, as this isn't the sort of game where the characters are constantly on the move from city to city. So far at least Stillwater has been a sort of base of operations, as many characters have had families and friends there. I want you to interact with the world, with the people, and with the other player characters as well, and a big bonus if you're actively interested in lore, worldbuilding and fantasy fiction. I have tried to write a wiki for this world, but turns out that writing an entire wiki isn't my forte, so I am putting up lore periodically in my discord group, and invites anyone to ask whatever they want in regards to it. We're playing on sundays, 8pm GMT+2, games usually last for around 4-5 hours, and I would hope you're in it for the long haul. I will want to do downtimes between adventures, where your character can do whatever they want (within reason), as they are people that exists in this world and would probably have their own goals and interests. I also do solo sessions during these downtimes for personal storylines. Hi, I've sent you PM.
Hey, You still looking?
Hey!! This sounds like exactly the type of game I'd enjoy :) I'm still relatively new to DND with only 2,5 years of experience, so I do heavily rely on roleplay to get my character going. As far as character interaction goes, I enjoy making charas who have relationships other than their own party. Plus I can draw art for the campaign if that's anything B)
Would love to join if you're still looking!
Oh, no, I'm sorry but the slots have been filled. But if I ever do need some more people, I'll hit you guys up, rather than make a new listing.
i'd like to join if you still have room...
What is the content you are allowing for players. All the official books? Are you allowing homebrew in your homebrew world? Are you using discord for chat? Is it even a voice game, or is it text based? Do you use maps for combat or is it theater of the mind?