Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Alien RPG Compendium/Journal

I'm setting up for a session with the Alien RPG and have noticed the following: You can only click on a handout under journal once to access it. So, for example, I click on the handout Time & Space . If I close that I cannot open it again. I have to exit the game and reenter to get it to open. This is the same of all the sections within the compendium Character sheets seem to be working fine, can close and reopen. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This is likely the Chrome Browser bug that keeps you from re-opening certain types of popped out windows in the same session. Character sheets were fixed, but not Compendium entries and handouts. There are three workarounds: 1) Reload a popped out window instead of close it. This will not disturb the session and will allow you to re-open it later. 2) Turn off the option to auto-popout windows in the in-game settings tab. 3) Use Firefox. This bug has been around for years, and has only been half-fixed. It has been reported often enough, and I have communicated with developers about it enough that I believe that Chrome has some sort of blocker that is keeping them from introducing a full fix.
Ah, thank you, Curtis. I will give that a go. First time I have encountered this bug.

Edited 1651653959
I tried the reloading of the popped out window which only resulted in the page going blank and becoming unusable. Won't reopen afterwards, either. Can't find the option to turn off the auto-popout under Game Settings. Firefox - I will try as a last resort. All my other games ( CoC , DnD , Dune ) aren't having the same problems as  Alien , which is weird.