Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Issue with linked tokens and character sheet

Edited 1652532480
Hello, I've recently come by a weird bug and it's hard to explain but I'll do my best. Essentially when I interact with a character sheet which has a specific token linked, the token appears on the map without me dragging it in. If I were to move the token and then interact with the character sheet (for example clicking a spell to read more information) the token would drag itself back to where it started. If I would unlink the character sheet from a specific token, then interact with the character sheet, the token still appears on the map! TLDR: Linked token appear on map/gets moved to starting position whenever I interact with relevant charactersheet.  Edit: I am currently using the character sheet template "D&D 5E by Roll20" and I am the creator of the game Here is a video  of the bug. Please help. /Robin
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
It would help if you told us which character sheet your game uses. Is this a game you are the Creator of, or a game you are a player in?

Edited 1652531538
Andrew R. said: It would help if you told us which character sheet your game uses. Is this a game you are the Creator of, or a game you are a player in? Hi!  I am currently using the character sheet template "D&D 5E by Roll20" and I am the creator of the game.
Andrew R. said: It would help if you told us which character sheet your game uses. Is this a game you are the Creator of, or a game you are a player in? Here is a video of the bug: video

Edited 1652537384
I can reproduce this with Chrome on macOS, no extensions.
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
Wow, I’ve never seen that happen before. Thanks to Jim R for reproducing it.  I suggest you use the Help Center and Send a request to get Roll20 staff attention and a ticket to track your issue. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I can also reproduce this and am sending a report: Help Center Request
Hey folks, just want to chime in and say we are aware of the issue at this time. Thank you for your reports, and that video was very helpful in confirming and replicating the problem. If anyone else is running into this issue, please also submit a request to the help center!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks Elizabeth!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The bug does not seem to perpetuate itself past a game reload. Can anyone else confirm?
Yup, a refresh seems to prevent the problem from continuing, though any spurious created tokens are still there.