Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Matt.M Animations - Animated Script Set

Hey Matt, I really like all 5 of the Animated Scripts sets you just released and was about to purchase them when I realized they're only usable within Roll20. I don't like being locked into a single VTT platform when I purchase something, so that's a hard 'no' for me. Are you releasing them anywhere else (DriveThruRPG perhaps?) so I can download them and use them as general assets wherever I load my maps?
DnDPlay20
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Every vtt is exclusive in my experience...
DnDPlay20 said: Every vtt is exclusive in my experience... I see where you're going with that, but no. I'm talking about art assets. IF there is VTT-specific functionality included with a set/pack (such as with dynamic lighting) then sure it really can't be used elsewhere. But the sets I'm talking about are animated token/tile objects that aren't tied to any specific Roll20 functionality. Many of the artists in the Roll20 Marketplace for maps, tokens, etc. allow you to download those assets, which allows the purchaser to utilize them in whatever VTT they choose to play with. The advantages of purchasing them through the Roll20 Marketplace are that you don't need to upload them into your library before you add to a scene you're building and they don't count against your storage space. Also, many of the artists and content makers here also have the same assets in various other websites and VTT markets. So that's what I'm asking this artist...where else I can purchase the assets and download them.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi WWQuicksilver! There's no guarantee that Matt M will see your message. The Roll20 forums don't have personal notifications. If you want to be more certain to contact them, you might have better luck using the Instagram link on their Marketplace Profile .
keithcurtis said: Hi WWQuicksilver! There's no guarantee that Matt M will see your message. The Roll20 forums don't have personal notifications. If you want to be more certain to contact them, you might have better luck using the Instagram link on their Marketplace Profile . Thanks Keith. I did see his Instagram link in his profile before posting here, but unfortunately I don't use most of the social networking platforms for a variety of reasons. We need a Roll20 Community/Marketplace method of reaching out to the content creators for issues, questions, and requests (something like @mentions would be nice). I realize that might not be on the roadmap. If you think it's a request that has a chance, I'd be happy to make a formal request for it in the appropriate forum.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I think that Roll20 is likely to leave that up to the individual Marketplace creator as to how they want to be contacted. Some include different kinds of links or user profiles, and some even maintain forum feedback threads. I hear you about Social Media, though. I'm also very leery of using any of that these days.
keithcurtis said: I think that Roll20 is likely to leave that up to the individual Marketplace creator as to how they want to be contacted. Some include different kinds of links or user profiles, and some even maintain forum feedback threads. I hear you about Social Media, though. I'm also very leery of using any of that these days. OK thanks for the direction on that Keith. :)
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
I ran a search on the forum for Matt.M and didn't get any hits, so I don't think that artist has posted on the forums either (which would allow sending a message from their player profile page).
Kraynic said: I ran a search on the forum for Matt.M and didn't get any hits, so I don't think that artist has posted on the forums either (which would allow sending a message from their player profile page). Yeah I tried the same thing before posting here. This was basically my last resort...which is why I suggested to Keith that Roll20 add some functionality to communicate with the content creators. ;)