Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

DEV help requested - whats the format for Radio useroptions

Edited 1653485387
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
What's the syntax for the radio type of useroptions? I'm referring to default sheet settings on the Roll20 Portal and the wiki . There isn't a single sheet on the github repo that uses radio useroptions, but every other option is used, and i think that's because the wiki does a great job of showing every other option but radio is empty. I assume it's the same as select, but since I can't test this before submitting a sheet it would be nice to get confirmation.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
You can test them using the sheet sandbox.

Edited 1653485400
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've tried putting them in the sandbox, but how do I tell if its failed? I put in a set of user options, and completely removed some needed values (like attribute) and it seemed to pass okay. I suspect that sandbox is really just testing the JSON is properly formatted, but not really checking the contents (or at least, not useroptions).
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
If your user options are valid, you'll see the interface below the sheet's description on the sandbox launch page. And, these settings will actually affect your sandbox so that you can test the full functionality.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Of course, all that said, it does look like radios don't actually work. Tried it with checkbox and select syntax, but all it does is show the displayname I set for it.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
didn't find a single sheet.json to have radio inputs

Edited 1653533077
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Scott C. said: If your user options are valid, you'll see the interface below the sheet's description on the sandbox launch page. And, these settings will actually affect your sandbox so that you can test the full functionality. I hadn't noticed the options appear there! And yes, it seems radio buttons don't work, or we are missing something about the syntax. All the more reason to hope for a dev response.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Andreas J. said: didn't find a single sheet.json to have radio inputs I looked first too to see if there was a working example I could take the syntax.