Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

TurnMarker & GroupInitiative

I've been using GroupInitiative v0.9.36 for a while and I recently installed TurnMarker v1.3.12. I noticed that now after I call group-init --clear the turn tracker does not seem to function, it will close the turn tracker but if I reopen it, all of the turns from the prior combat still appear.  This seems to be a rendering issue since if I try to rotate through the turn order nothing happens. That is, it seems that logically the turn order has been cleared, but the tracker renders its last state. If I remove uninstall TurnMarker group-init --clear works as expected. Thoughts? 
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Are you using the versions from the 1-click?

Edited 1652534954
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Yeah, I've noticed that behavior sometimes as well ( EDIT:  1-click GroupInitiative, not using TurnTracker). Haven't spent the time to figure out the exact repro steps, though, because sometimes it works for me and other times not, and I never think of it when I'm not in the middle of a session. Maybe when on a different map or something? Does clearing it when on the original battle map work? Think it started happening when the Devs pushed out the recent turn tracker update. 

Edited 1652546370
Joe
Pro
I am using the versions from the 1-click, yes.  David: I only tested while on the original battle map. So I'm on a battle map, group-init to add to the initiative tracker --> group-init --clear -->  group-init --toggle-turnorder. Tracker opens with the last rendered state.   [UPDATE] The turn tracker seems to render properly (i.e. empty) if it is cleared on one map and then re-opened on a new map. It almost seems like a cacheing issue of some kind. 
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That's not an issue with Turn Tracker.  That's an issue with Roll20 Architecture.  You can't mix maps in combat.  Roll20 architecture doesn't provide enough information to accurately track between maps.  I've tried to solve this in Combat Master and gave up.  If you have combat on one map, switch to another then try to stop/start combat.  You'll get the tokens from prior map.  No way around it.  Simply stop again.  Restart and turnorder clears itself out.  
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Joe said: I am using the versions from the 1-click, yes.  David: I only tested while on the original battle map. So I'm on a battle map, group-init to add to the initiative tracker --> group-init --clear -->  group-init --toggle-turnorder. Tracker opens with the last rendered state.   [UPDATE] The turn tracker seems to render properly (i.e. empty) if it is cleared on one map and then re-opened on a new map. It almost seems like a cacheing issue of some kind.  Ah.  At one time, Roll20 assumed combat happened on a specific map page, and stored that in the Campaign object.  At some point that concept was forgotten and things got a little weird with dealing with things in the turn order.  TurnMarker1 is actually my second script, which makes it something like 9 years old.  It predates those changes, so may have some strange behavior in places.  I have a partial rewrite I need to finish that does a better job of handling these things.  Hopefully it's not causing you too much trouble.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Here's an example of what I'm seeing just using GroupInitiative only. On incognito Chrome (101.0.4951.67). After clearing turn order, entries are still visible and can't even delete them manually. If I send another initiative to the tracker thru character sheet, they are replaced and can delete manually.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
OH!!  That's something completely different. Thanks for the repro, David, super helpful. I'll see if I can repro that in a new game and send it to the Devs. That's almost certainly a new bug. 
That looks like what I was experiencing David. I'm glad you were able to isolate the issue. It's not a huge problem it just seemed like strange behavior. I don't know why I didn't notice it until I installed TurnMarker though, maybe just timing. Cheers!
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you switch maps mid combat, Roll20 will fail.  The architecture can't handle it.  That's what I'm seeing here and I've encountered same issues in Combat Master.  
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
And I'm sorry, not even The Aaron can overcome this limitation in Roll20 Architecture.