Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Question about PF2E adventures

Hey y'all, quick question: to play any of the PF2E adventures here on Roll20 do I need to buy the Pathfinder Second Edition Core Rulebook from the Marketplace, or would be enough to buy the adventure?

Edited 1653765936
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Matthias D.D.! The official modules will give you all of the monsters, magic items and spells you need to run the adventure, included in the module. No additional purchase necessary. However, that info is very handy to have if you like tinkering, your players get creative or run off the rails a lot, or you want to give them access to things not in the module (character building rules, for example). I'm not terribly versed in what is freely available for PF2, but if you have not purchased the rulebook yet, creating a game using the official PF2 sheet will hook you up with the PF2 compendium at the free level, so you can see what is available without purchase. Keep in mind, that if you buy the module, the monsters will all have artwork and tokens, if it is in the module book or the core rulebook. Also, special rules that are normally only in the rulebook, but are referenced in the adventure are typically included as handouts. So if the adventure relies heavily on survival rules, those would likely be in handouts in the module. Hopefully a PF2 player can chime in with more detail, but that's the general policy.
Thanks for your answer keithcurtis, I will most probably buy the Core Rulebook in the future, but first I want to start with something more affordable for my almost empty wallet.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Keep in mind if you buy the adventure and it turns out to be unsatisfactory upon review, Roll20 has a liberal return policy.